Random football stuff

Did he play in that FA Cup final where we battered Villa 4-0?

3 Likes

Came off the bench according to Google

1 Like

I signed him for Arsenal in FIFA 2009 and he was class tbf

1 Like

Do know why but there was something very satisfying about putting 4 past Shay Given that day.

Plus that Giroud goal too

1 Like

Shay Given is the keeper we should have signed when Jen’s was leaving.

4 Likes

Scored a winner at OT one day day though " Gabby Gabby Gabby Agbonlahor, he’s fast as foooooook he’s fast as fooooooook"

He drank blood.
Iniesta next

2 Likes

I can see that. Take into consideration that at the time having a young team was seen as a negative. Probably turned off players at their peak looking to join us. Plus, Arsenal wasn’t handing out hefty contracts like we do now. Wouldn’t surprise me if he was better off financially staying at Villa than joining us.

So many keepers could’ve done better than Almunia. Was a Jussi Jaaskelainen guy myself.

11 Likes

Blast from the past

2 Likes

Joe Hart was that guy for me. I think I called it pre-Birmingham loan and I was right until I was wrong and boy was I wrong.

1 Like

Is it Holland or The Netherlands or is it interchangeable?

He just looks seriously dehydrated in the left pic. :bellerin:

The Netherlands is the country, Holland is a region/county like Cornwall or Somerset

9 Likes

I genuinely never knew that. Why do so many people call it Holland?

2 Likes

Dunno, I guess it must have been the most famous region at some point. Maybe for trade or tulips or something?

I wanted to know this also, it appears you’re not far off.

“ The word Holland literally meant “wood-land” in Old English and originally referred to people from the northern region of the Netherlands . Over time, Holland , among English speakers, came to apply to the entire country, though it only refers to two provinces—the coastal North and South Holland —in the Netherlands today.”

2 Likes

Joey Barton has got competition.

I’ve had to do this myself when I lived abroad.

Video removed. What was it?

EDIT: in case you can’t view that one too, Jadon Sancho has altered his accent so that he’s sounds Germanic.

Joey Barton did an interview when he was at Marseille talking in a faux French accent.

5 Likes