Random football stuff

Gerrard looks like a top ballet dancer at the centre of it all :joy:

The Henry-Pires penalty mess up. I sometimes still think about it every now and then.

Narrator: They did

3 Likes

I would say the Henry Pires thing isn’t particularly memorable to me as an Arsenal supporter, so I’d be surprised if too many supporters of other clubs remember it :thinking:

That was hugely disrespectful in my eyes

Gerrard snorting a line off the turf is my favourite. Pretty sure he went again afterward too.

Wasn’t it Fowler who did that?

7 Likes

You know, after I made the post I was looking at the picture again and was thinking “that looks like a no.9 on the back”.

I thought it was Gerrard’s slip. :joy:

Got the gibbs chambo mix up on there haha

1 Like

And the “fuck you, I’m Arsene Wenger.” :wenger:

Lol, the thing is, it was such an overdone celebration in the end. OK it was against Everton, but Everton are shit. Liverpool won 3-2 in the end and Fowler scored a penalty. Not even a “proper” goal.

If he scored the winning goal at Old Trafford in the last minute and did that in front of the Stretford End, it’s understandable :grin:

1 Like

So after the game changing moment in Sofia and UEFA stance of the family fighting back, Lazio got a 20,000 euro fine and partial stadium closure for Celtic visit in the Europa.
Fantastic that coming on the back of the previous rounds fine and erm other partial closure ban.
But yeah them horrible Bulgarians though eh.

Nothing disrespectful. Just one of those memories that stick with you. Let’s one know gods can also make mistakes every now and then. Also, don’t remember it in much of a bitter taste since we still won the game 1-0 i think. And Henry doing the Pires penalty impression in a goal celebration against Sparta the next game also kinda put a funny side to it as well

Right at the first moment Keown vs Nistelrooy definitely stands out for me. An iconic moment in a iconic season.

I am unable to recognize the slide, the white kit and the two coaches/commentators?!

Anyone care to enlighten me? :slight_smile:

The white kit looks like Tony Yeboah, the bottom right of the commentary figures is definitely Kevin Keegan during his infamous speech. The left is Delia Smith.

I recognised blue kit yesterday and now it’s totally lost me. Maybe because I’ve been awake for the sum total of 5 minutes so I’ll edit this post once I remember.

1 Like

Aguero’s title winning goal should defo be in there.

2 Likes

Just checked that goal. Other than it being a pretty good goal indeed and part of a hattrick, is it really that memorable? I mean Bergkamp’s was voted the goal of the Premier League in it’s entirety if I remember correctly, surely it’s more memorable.

Is it Klinsmann?

it’s probably because of Sky, but Yeboah goals have always been on great PL goal lists and seen as memorable goals so I imagine it has something to do with that.

And yeah, you’re right it is haha. It’s his famous diving celebration from when he scored his first goal.

1 Like

Think the blue kit is Klinsmann’s diving celebration.