Random football stuff

Agree

The footballing authorities attitude to racism has always been bare minimum. And the same goes for homophobia, for corruption, for catching dopers…for anything else really.

Having focused weeks for Kick it Out or laces for pride or whatever the fuck is all well and good but we see time and again when it comes to taking action it’s often this sub par response. A partial stadium closure? As if they care, they wouldn’t come close to selling it out if it was the semi final never mind a pointless group stage game. Teams like Lazio should be getting bans from the competitions until they address the problem. Will never happen though…meanwhile Bury get sunk for the sake of a few hundred thousand quid and an inane deadline to produce it.

6 Likes
8 Likes

His assist to Giuly :giroud2: :giroud2:

This was his magnum opus imo, what a fucking performance.

Made me fall in love with football a bit more, that game, and I remember it to this day.

4 Likes

Yeah I think that will go down as one of the great seasons from any footballer in general. Absolutely incredible and unplayable at his peak.

His performance vs. peak Milan in both legs was :scream::scream:

3 Likes

Masterclass, I’m sure Gattuso still has nightmares about that performance.

5 Likes

I can’t watch that performance without thinking of Puyol’s antics at Camp Nou. He robbed the world of possibly the best final - on paper with the football the two teams were playing at the time - ever.

The Don that is Ovie on the afctv podcast if you can ignore DT :joy: @JakeyBoy @Sol @Electrifying @Phoebica

Also on Spotify if you prefer that version haha

2 Likes

Was that the semi in 2009?

2 Likes

Why is your content consumption such an embarrassment to human beings?

Kinda glad for you that you don’t get to access Internet during work hours.

5 Likes

Initial header was completely unnecessary though

:arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::arteta::auba::auba::auba::auba::auba::auba::auba::auba::auba::auba::auba::auba::auba::auba::auba::auba::auba::auba::auba::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::wenger::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::mustafi::pires1::pires1::pires1::pires1::pires1::pires1::pires1::pires1::pires1::pires1::pires1::pires1::pires1::pires1::pires1::pires1::pires1::pires1::pires1::pires1:

4 Likes

https://www.goal.com/en/news/argentina-icon-batistuta-undergoes-ankle-surgery-after/njvoesdp90fb1bu7xi3ufydug

You know what else Ovie was on? The new series of Supermarket Sweep! :star_struck:

1 Like

FA cup first round draw tomorrow. Last teams number in the bag receive a bye because of Bury exclusion and claim 36 thousand pounds.

12 Likes

Chichester from the eighth tier get the bye.

1 Like
3 Likes

Tell that to Tiptree & Maldon

Great jam btw :heart_eyes: