Random football stuff

Us English are also quite fond of taking the piss, as are many other nations. You swedes don’t have some sort of monopoly on humour lol

Perhaps the reality is that he’s a bit of a cunt but you love him because he’s the only person from Sweden famous enough for anyone to give a fuck about?

1 Like

1 Like

Not really bait though when I’m literally going off what you said yourself haha.

He’s so famous in your country that he has his own word in your dictionary :joy:

Outrageous

8 Likes

@JakeyBoy It is hard to explain Jantelagen if you haven’t lived in the culture. I was raised in both England and Sweden and it’s not just about simply being cocky or not, Zlatan also triggers something deep within the Swede. You could say it’s part of our DNA.
One example of Jantelagen for me was when I moved back to Sweden. I started fourth grade and in school we were starting to learn English. I spoke English much better then Swedish but I still had to sit in school reading sentences like ‘a black cat’ and ‘this is a dog’. Asking my teacher for more challenging books etc was fruitless, because “that wouldn’t be fair to the other children” she said.
In eighth grade we got grades in each subject (1-5). Me and a classmate (who was raised in Scotland) got a 3… We both spoke better English then our teacher (tbh she was rather bad at it), we had top results in all tests and we even had to correct her English when she was blatantly wrong (which she obviously hated). Her explanation for our grade was that she “expected better” from us. In reality it was her way of telling us that we shouldn’t think we were any better then others.

Alexander Skarsgård on Jantelagen:

2 Likes

Big name signing!

1 Like

I find that curvature very upsetting

Zlatan 3-2 Vela

7 Likes

Laughed out loud when I read about this.

1 Like

I enjoyed that he was unfazed that he pushed an opposition guy to ground during his celebration of 3rd goal. Haha

1 Like

Love the lengths Ibra is willing to go only to tease Swedish society.

5 Likes
1 Like

This kid looks nuts. Apologies if already posted

i bet barca are pissed missing out on him.

Interesting to have transfer process streamlined like this

Transfer Room was set up by Danish businessman Jonas Ankersen, whose idea was to bring about transparency in the world of transfers. The platform lists available players and shares information between member clubs, allowing them to trade without relying on agent information. “I wanted to give the clubs a chance to take back control of the transfer market,” he said.

https://prod.transferroom.com/

2 Likes

:heart_eyes:

7 Likes

Old lady quite talented

The greatest ever. And it’s still shit.

1 Like

Now I know who the genius is behind the stalls at Wembley Market

For some context the player in the vid is the club’s golden boy and boyhood fan. I think it’s great!

3 Likes