Random football stuff

I did pick up on the kid being/becoming the player. :slight_smile:

I’m just an unemotional fuck tbh.

1 Like

Haha I think that’s obvious. The player at the end I meant is like their Wilshere (in real life).

2 Likes

I genuinely don’t think football has ever produced a more complete number 9.

Edit: when you see what he was capable of at the age of 20/21 it does make you wonder how he’d have fared without the consecutive knee injuries and the thyroid problem that eventually ended his career at top level.

People questioned his commitment after the 2002 WC but the amount of work it took just to come back from the knee injuries and still be an elite player is often overlooked. He was a shadow of his former self and still elite.

8 Likes

Shame rounding the keeper is a dying art now

8 Likes

Why did he leave Barcelona after one (very successful) season?

Gaelic Football :no_mouth:

5 Likes

Must be from the 70’s by the looks of it. There has even been instances of diving in the game recently.

Disagreement over money and direction of team I believe. Plus I think the lure of Italy was high at the time.

1 Like

Ah yes that makes sense. Barcelona weren’t the force they are now, were they?

Randomly saw this on my timeline haha

1 Like

Nah. Their Dream Team was just 2/3 years before Ronaldo arrived. They were big. Funny enough Rivaldo came that summer when Ronaldo left and led them too two League titles. I think Internazionale just threw the release clause at them and Barcelona and Ronaldo couldn’t agree on an extension. Inter during those years was throwing money at forwards. Vieri was also a world record signing.

4 Likes

Ouch

Should be banned for months for shit like that

6 Likes

Agreed

Vile that.

Sevile even!

6 Likes

Not a leg breaker but really cynical and 100% deliberate. No need for this in the game let alone pre-season.

1 Like

I was expecting something much worse before watching it lol

1 Like

Can you name all the faces?

no

Ramos, Eriksen, ?, Auba
Paulinho, Neymar, Mendy, Boateng
Buffon ? ? ?
Hamsik, Mesut,?, Chiellini