Random football stuff

It’s like inviting someone over to your birthday party knowing full well they can’t make it, just so you can say you obliged

1 Like

Or maybe it might actually promote a bit of diversity in football coaching. I’m skeptical of its long term impact but there’s no doubting that something has to be done to address the issue.

Just asking here but would this be the way forward for women to get involved in coaching jobs in football then?

1 Like

I do often wonder why it is that there are so many black players in the English game but so few black men in coaching. Unless you think that black just aren’t all interested in coaching, I find it hard to conclude that there aren’t any barriers.

But people are so totally against the idea of even exploring this that it’s hard to have a conversation about it and explore options to redress the imbalance.

I can’t help but feel that a measure like this won’t do much good while there are so few BAME coaches in the game, I feel like something else needs to be done to help boost those numbers before a rule like this can have the desired impact. People say it flippantly, but you wonder if this just means Chris Hughton gets inundated with interview offers. And what happens if he and the few others get fed up of being interviewed solely out of obligation and refuses to participate, how to the clubs then meet their obligation?

Its a hypothetical, but with so few BAME coaches in the game, it could feasibly happen?

I imagine it will be successful, because Paul Ince is more likely to get a job he’s interviewed for than one he isn’t.

I think the EFL is the right level too.

Let’s see how it goes.

1 Like

It’s just an interview, not a hire.

So I’m ok with it.

Perhaps, perhaps not. Most likely not.

If their shortlisting is based on this rule rather than their merit, the candidates will be forcefully filled up to satisfy this rule.

Management will select certain number of candidates based on merit.
If that list includes racial representation, then great.
If not, they will just go for best Asian guy out of all Asian guys but will always know that the Asian candidate is not part of initial list.

As @Pheobica said, it’s racial discrimination but a positive pandering one.

Earn your place based on merit.
Vinai, Arsenal’s CEO, is Indian, not because he is Indian, is he?

If there is no bias in hiring management of the club, if there is proper representation in hierarchy of clubs, do you think there will be deliberate discrimination while hiring managers?

Edit - I was only thinking from PL point of view.
If I think of lower leagues, it’s bit of a murky area.

1 Like

What is this?

Black and minority ethnic people.

Edit: Black Asian and minority ethnic lol

2 Likes

It’s Black Asian and Middle Eastern I think

1 Like

Fucking hell.

Please don’t make this a thing.

1 Like

Nah, Elec is right, the last two stand for “minority ethnic”

@Trion your reaction seems disproportionate, it’s just a descriptive term for people in western countries who aren’t white, and there’s a purpose for having such terms.

I don’t care a lot about it but would prefer not to be referred as BAME if I ever step into your land.

I think it’s Black Asian and Minority Eskimo. :grinning:

If you ever visit there’s basically no chance someone is going to call you this

2 Likes

Cool, we are good then.
What’s for dinner?

Personally I don’t acknowledge anyone unless they address me as ‘Mr Minority Ethnic esquire’.

5 Likes

Yeah we were both wrong, I looked it up and it’s Black Asian and Minority Ethnic.

Apologies I need to work on my acronym game

3 Likes

How was I wrong? I said the last two letters stand for “minority ethnic”, which they do as per your post

GTFO

1 Like