Random football stuff

Make that 4 likes

Good post @SRCJJ

7 Likes

8 Likes

I actually have really enjoyed reading this debate though, not gonna lie. Been some great points

You should be liking my post first because it came first, only then could I possibly reciprocate.

The thing is mate my post was clearly more concise and succinct whereas yours was a little overcooked and long winded. So it only makes sense that you like mine first and then I’ll return the favour

6 Likes

And still not a damn like.

I bet you thought that notification was for a like @JakeyBoy

5 Likes

The thing is mate I actually provided a source and the context for my opinion, rather than just expecting people to take me at my word. Tbh I laid the groundwork that enabled you to shine. Basically I’m the Bergkamp to your Anelka. You got the likes and the glamour move to Madrid, but one day you’ll end up playing for Bolton and a shite Man City, and I’ll have a statue in the OA home page.

11 Likes

You’ve overlooked one small detail, on the notifications bar there was an @ symbol rather than a :heart: lol

2 Likes

But therein lies the difference mate. People take what I say and they believe it and that’s a sign of respect and authority. Conversely, you’ve evidently got to go the extra mile to get people to take what you say as being a matter of fact.

But I’ll like it since it’s obvious that’s clearly all you’re interested in.

2 Likes

Or everyone shoud revoke their likes for the pair of you :laughing:

Nope, I don’t have such clout to start such a cult

3 Likes

OA can we make SRCJJ’s post the most liked of all time!?

You hate me it’s fine I know it :xhaka:

12 Likes

yeah stop giving him sticks

1 Like

Legendary Bundesliga coach Peter Neururer accepted a job at 4th division side SG Wattenscheid 09 thinking he was being offered the head coaching position at Bundesliga side Schalke 04. When he realised his mistake he took the job anyway because he says he is a man of his word.

“Josef Schusenberg (on the board of Schalke 04 from 1994-2007) called me. Exactly at the time when Schalke had fired Domenico Tedesco. Jupp asked me if I could help him out and told me what the club wanted to build. ‘Great, I’m in!’, I said. He then immediately made it clear to me that I shouldn’t make any big salary demands. That wasn’t a problem for me either. So I promised that I would be 100 percent involved. But with the footnote that I can’t guarantee Champions League qualification in the coming season”.

After that Schnusenberg went quiet. He had noticed that Neururer thought he would succeed Tedesco. Neururer continues: “Peter”, he said then: ‘We’re talking about Wattenscheid 09 here, I’m on the board there.’ First of all I was stunned. But I had given him my word." So Neururer became sporting director of the Regionalliga (german 4th division) side.

I’m all for equality, but isn’t this still a form of racism? Interviewing someone based on their skin colour. Surely those “BAME” candidates want an interview/job on merit, not an interview just because the club has to interview them. Chris Hughton’s phone will be ringing off the hook, “look, we’re not going to offer you the job but could you waste some of your time coming in so we can cross some t’s and dot the I?”

1 Like

Racist against who?

Maybe that was the wrong way to phrase it, but there will be incidences where clubs are interviewing candidates based on the colour of their skin. That definitely doesn’t seem right.

Maybe i’m wrong though. They have the Rooney rule in the US too, anyone know how successful that’s been?

1 Like

I’m sceptical about the efficacy of such a rule, but the intention behind it, I can totally support.

Edit: post edited as it said “can’t”, when I absolutely meant “can”

1 Like

I personally don’t have much of an opinion on it tbh. I mean great, I very much doubt if fixes the solution though

Bunch of placeholder candidates wasting their time.

1 Like