Random football stuff

Haha.
Imagined myself finally coming to Emirates for my first Arsenal match, sitting somewhere high up in the stands, holding an A4 paper with “Can I have your shirt, Santi” in normal font size, completely impossible for a player to see
Hopefully that gets few laughs.

1 Like

They’re only valid if you’re a kid and also you’re a little hipster fucker whose favourite player is Bacary Sagna, and you want to let Bacary Sagna know that you’ll appreciate his shirt very much, while every other little mainstream kid is waving at Cesc Fabregas trying to get his shirt.

1 Like

Look at this terrible banter from us @Electrifying @Castiel

NI absolutely done us twice. We then mentioned women’s football even though thats not the major tournaments they were talking about :grimacing::grimacing:

2 Likes

Savage. 2-0 NI. Sounds about right.

2 Likes

Thoughts? I get his overall sentiment but it was very poorly articulated. If I was a professional football player I’d probably resent somebody who wasn’t born and raised in the country getting minutes and opportunity ahead of me just because his country of birth isn’t interesting in picking him.

However a black (or for that matter any colour) born Russian should not be opposed by anyone and it is certainly racist. It’s more players who receive citizenship after a few years playing football there in the domestic league.

2 Likes

That’s a shocking comment to make.

Russia seems a very racist country to me. Can’t imagine why any one would want to go there

Didn’t read the article. Too lazy.
If the population from other origin is less, I totally get the weird feeling of someone not belonging to something.
Doubt I would be able to adapt to a white guy playing for Indian National team even if he was born here. It would just seem so out of place.

World is not so diversified yet

:joy:

3 Likes

Lol, one of the things in this video…neymar being paid 2.5m for not insulting or taking the piss out off the manager. Fucking hell i wouldnt mind being paid a couple of million to shut my mouth and say my boss isnt a twat

You watch the Indian National team?

They run riot with cricket at times and sometimes I feel like watching it.

Scotland and NI should merge teams and fail to qualify for major tournaments as a unit.

7 Likes

You forgot to say… whilst still bantering each other

Efficient.

1 Like

Yeah its really worded badly, I think its just the racial unawareness/insensivity (probably of his culture?) That led to his example that he used, but I can see what he means.

I slightly sympathize with him though, Mario Fernandes doesn’t even speak a lick of Russian (was reported at the time) despite being there for ages. Especially if you wear your national team colours with some pride. Might think its a bit of a pisstake.

A bit interesting, not the highest level or anything but still something, I’ve been curious about what type of communication is going on at times.

“Do you want me to check it so we can sell it?”

Fuck off, just wasting time there. Let the VAR official make the call.

Yep. Feel like Kyle Lafferty really should be Scottish with his bantering ability.

1 Like

‘‘I reckon thats a yellow’’ lol its like chatting with your mates down the pub

Imagine having Klopp above Wenger. Sure Wenger’s last years tainted his legacy somewhat, but still. And don’t even get me started on the absence of Pards…