Random football stuff

:joy:

1 Like

We can only dream :santi:

2 Likes

Fabianski is quality, and he started showing it in our FA Cup run to the final as well.

Such a shame we seemed to make these keepers look so shit all the time.

2 Likes

Not even Buffon at his highest peak could save us shamo :santi:

Good article this. Remember thinking he was gonna be one of the best player’s in world but just didn’t happen for him

Such a sad situation.

1 Like

They should get paid but it’s a bit shitty to be like this before the poor guys body has even been recovered.

1 Like

Agree both of them have lost out in a absolutely tragic death no one anticipated. At least wait till after his funeral etc and show some respect. Very cunty move from Nantes

1 Like

You’d think they could just wait for one more fucking week until they’ve actually retrieved the body… Incredible

1 Like

If they were hypothetically chasing up the estate of Sala for money owed I’d agree it’s a cunt move, but its Cardiff they want the money from. Theres a contract in place and they’re entitled to expect Cardiff to honour it, and ask them to do so. I dont see that theres anything particularly wrong with them asking Cardiff to honour it. People say wait for the body to be recovered, what if that diesnt happen, or takes months? At what point does it become respectable for then to want the money? And if this causes any hurt to his family, thats on whoever leaked this to BBC Wales, not Nantes, as I’ve got no doubt they woukd have wanted to go about this quietly and privately.

2 Likes

Show some respect to who? They’re not asking his sister for the money.

They’ve lost a player and they’ve lost money. So far Cardiff really haven’t lost anything.

They shouldn’t even have to ask tbh if they’ve agreed to pay in installments.

4 Likes

What about Cardiff though? They’ve just got to pay £15m for nothing?

1 Like

A transfer was successfully completed, death doesn’t void the deal between the clubs

4 Likes

Yes, if the contract was signed already. For their sake hopefully they’re covered by some sort insurance.

Also re: the timing, just because some newspaper source has got a hold of it and has decided to release it as an emotionally-charged story at this particular time (pre body recovery), doesnt mean of course that Nantes intended for this info to come out at this time.

It’s a conversation at board room level that should’ve presumably stayed there between Nantes and Cardiff. Nantes are not bad guys for asking for the money owed

3 Likes

Yeah sadly for Cardiff if the transfer was all completed Nantes are well within their rights to expect the money.

Cardiff have lost a player though. This really is not like any other circumstance. Needs to be a precedent put in place for this sort of thing.
This is going to make the inquest more ugly now on the negligence side as Cardiff may look into that for their compensation.

1 Like

I can see this getting rather ugly

2 Likes

Well, exactly. He was Cardiff’s player at that point, in the least cold-hearted way possible, that isn’t Nantes’ problem. The player had been sold, it was finalised, they’re due their money.

This will never happen again, I dont think any precedent needs setting.

1 Like

2 Likes