Random football stuff

When you have as much money as he does and you’ve had the career he’s had you definitely know he’s just playing for love of the game at this point.

Interesting he did Serie B though I can imagine he’d have had plenty of interest from the MLS, the Middle East or whatever other developing football nation has loads more money than sense.

2 Likes

Have you ever been to Como? Pretty special place, can definitely see why he went there than some soulless glass and cement city in Saudi or Qatar

6 Likes

Yeah seems like a beautiful place. Everyone I know who’s been there has said so. But I don’t imagine he’s earning much money being there so he’s definitely just someone who’s a simple guy and loves the game

3 Likes

He’s also a director or something there as well?

Great location to retire in

1 Like

The goat striker also invested in them, I’m sure there’s some link that resulted in them both looking at Como.

Didn’t realise Buffon was back at Parma.

I wonder if this should be deemed illegal. He’s done it for penalties too. Not exactly a two touch but he’s purposely doing this to get the ball in the air before actually hitting it.

I guess the issue is that it’s really hard for refs and reviews to pick it up.

:skull::joy::joy::joy:

6 Likes

Do they still work together? Carragher seems to be roasting him every week.

1 Like

Yeah they were on together on Friday :joy:

1 Like
1 Like

A WTF Twitter thread.

Weren’t we close to signing him at one point lol

1 Like

Multiple times before he went to Barca and then again when he was out of favour there lol

EDIT:

Still a shame even though it’s best days are long gone.

Always been crap

3 Likes

How come? Falling viewer numbers?

I didn’t watch it regularly but also seemed like a bit of fun if you were into that type of thing

If you watched it 15 years ago and more recently, you’d know why.

Gone proper downhill. It’s much more stupid than fun now I find. Was a Saturday morning staple growing up.

3 Likes

Kickabout/training on a Saturday morning followed by a bit of soccer am was the routine in the late 90’s.

The constant pumping out of football content on social media probably didn’t do it’s cause any good. The sort of skits AM became known for at one point now accessible at your finger tips.

The changing of presenters by all accounts didn’t go down well. I haven’t watched it in years and couldn’t even name the current lot, but Helen Chamberlain was pretty much the face of the show in its heyday.

1 Like