Random football stuff

‘Jobe Bellingham’ trending on Twitter and I initially thought it was typo. Nope, just Jude’s brother making the bench for Birmingham at 15 years olds. He’s a forward.

Jobe? Jobe Bellingham?

I hope he becomes famous soon as I am pretty sure he is bullied hard in school

1 Like

Randomly got this in recommendations… That Barca team was just something else.

2 Likes

Iniesta at 8:07…ridiculous player

11 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Salary Cap/Luxury Tax Proposal

Took them long enough.

Doubt they’ll manage it. CAS will have something to say.

1 Like

Why does he remind me of Alexis Sanchez there! :grin:

1 Like

This is a good watch

Keane’s favourite away ground was Higbury and the games he enjoyed most was the Arsenal ones due to the intense rivalry we had at the time

Galatasaray players Marcao and Kerem fighting each other. Starts at 00:40

1 Like

11 Likes

:soccer::point_right::toilet:

KDB, Kante or Jorginho for those who can’t be bothered to click.

Jorginho will probably win it just because his teams have won the two biggest trophies this year.

But I feel like someone else deserves it over all three of them, but I can’t think who. There must be someone? Or was last season quite bad?

1 Like

The issue I have with the inclusion of Kante is that his form didn’t really pick up properly until Tuchel arrived. Under Lampard, it didn’t work for him. Same goes for Jorginho. He was immense in the Euros and for parts of the Tuchel reign but that doesn’t translate to an entire season.

4 Likes

Jorginho one of the favourites for the Balon D’or epitomises everything wrong with these awards and modern football in general.

Lack of real talent means people want anyone but Messi to win it. Where as the fact a 34 year old who had a very good season, but not exceptional by his standards, is still clear favourite yet the likes of Jorginho make the list to differentiate it.

Football is in the pits right now and just generally shit to watch.

8 Likes

Ta

Agree with @will24 and @SRCJJ on this

It appears that if you’re at the business end of the season and your team wins a European trophy, you’re in with a shout for player of the year.

You wouldn’t pay to watch Jorginho. You’d pay to watch Messi, Mbappe, Neymar, Ronaldo, KdB

5 Likes

kane should be on it, top scorer and assist

Personally, all these awards stopped meaning much to me once I realised a player won’t win these things most of the times unless his team has won a major trophy that season. Have a season out of this world but win nothing, and it’d be a surprise if the guy still wins the award.

1 Like

If Jorginho wins any type of major individual award it’s an absolute mockery :joy:.

3 Likes