Random football stuff

A poll of the greatest PL team ever on BBC Sport if anyone is interested.

It’s kinda crap when you consider Arsenal of 01/02 aren’t on it but the other 2 league winning sides are (97/98 and 03/04)

In other news, Dudley Deg died :pensive:

He’s fucking shit but fair play to him, doing what he loves :arteta:

Positioning wise he was decent, better than some Arse strikers over the years. :stuck_out_tongue:

Can tell he’s not a footballer though by the way he was so quick to get up when he took the tumble down the side of the goal.

1 Like

Having the time of his life. Would that all footballers find that much enjoyment.

:+1:

I imagine the director went something like this: let’s make a cool film clip :sunglasses: It should go like this:

lion
legendary player/moment
legendary player/moment
legendary player/moment
lion
legendary player/moment
legendary player/moment
theo walcott
legendary player/moment
lion
outro

8 Likes

Good news

4 Likes

Eleven Sports has halted its broadcasting of La Liga matches during the United Kingdom’s Saturday afternoon blackout period, but warned it is considering a legal challenge to the regulation.

Uefa statutes prevent live football from being shown between 2.45pm and 5.15pm on Saturday in the UK.

"We maintain our strong view that the rule, which dates back to the 1950s, is unfit for the modern, digital era - particularly for overseas games which we hold the rights to.

"The blackout is one of the biggest generators of piracy in the UK. These games are very easily accessed on illegal sites online and it is naive to think that fans do not watch them because they are not shown on legitimate platforms, except betting sites.

“It is irresponsible to leave the market in the hands of criminals.”

Eleven Sports says supporters’ wishes are not being heeded by the blackout, which is being enforced by the “football establishment”.

Eleven Sports going after this stupid past it rule.

What heroes!!!

I feel I should warn you they really aren’t doing it out of heroism.

3 Likes

Why is there such a rule?

To make people go to see their local team instead of watching on Tele I think.

1 Like

Back in 1950s?

Pretty much. Though think it was actually the 60s. And if anyone has a problem with it, they can address their hate mail to Burnley – it was their chairman who complained and made the Saturday blackout a thing :grin:

1 Like

If they get rid of it they are lifetime heroes to me!!

Lmao

It’s an intriguing story but a pretty ludicrous gimmick lol

1 Like

This is the kind of nonsense that I’m glad exists in the world but am ultimately glad is nowhere near anything I give a fuck about.

4 Likes

2 Likes