Raheem Sterling

Yeah. Think it is why he’s such a balanced dribbler.

For around 50m, Sterling is too good not go for.
There aren’t many top PL clubs that need him, and I doubt he would go to Liverpool, Man U or Chelsea anyway so I t’s probably between us and spurs.

Arteta coached him at Man City so he might be able to persuade him, if he guarantees him first team football.

This is the sort of attacking signing we should have made in the last window rather than Odegaard.

If we can get Sterling in the next window he will definitely give us the sort of goal threat we have clearly been lacking.

1 Like

I’d be very happy watching Sterling do his little Velma from Scooby Doo run for us.

4 Likes

There are a number of players that I would have thought Arteta could be in for tbh. The Man City connections should be bearing fruit right now.

I thought Aguero may well have been a possibility last summer. Now Sterling.

Man City is one place from which I wouldn’t mind the proven talent cast-offs coming here. The toxic Chelsea lot- nah.

ESR, Saka and Odegaard are quality young players, remains to be seen if they’re good enough to be key players in a contender one day though.

2 Likes

If they are let’s hope it’s here. We are not just going to grow a young team to a title.
It’ll need players of Sterling ability in the side to do this.
Whether we go for him or not quality proven will be needed.

4 Likes

Why does Sterling just not get the love he deserves? Would love him here and only just noticed he’s 26…thought he was nearing 30!

4 Likes

Idk that it’s not love because I think we all recognize his quality.

I’m not sold on Arteta being able to coach an attack period. But if we’re persisting with this system then I have questions over whether Sterling is the guy we go big on if we’re trying to find one guy to fill both functions Arteta had apparently split between Aubameyang and Lacazette.

I think he’s also feels older than he actually is because he broke through so young and has basically been in the spotlight for almost a decade.

But at this point we need goals. I have a perception of him as a guy who misses a decent amount of chances but scores enough to make up for it. Have to question if he’ll even get enough service in this team though.

1 Like

There’s a fair few of us who are aware that he’d probably be one of the most transformative signings we would have made in the last decade if we were to land him. He’s a fantastic talent at a fantastic age and he’d likely improve any team he’d move to.

Though never mind our fans turning their noses up at him it will unfortunately be the other way around.

3 Likes

All aboard the Sterling fanclub

1 Like

I’d still be surprised if Sterling left City and if he does it would be for a Champions League club imo.

But wouldn’t he also be part of the service. This is the key part of Sterling game surely.
The whole dynamic really would and should change if he came.
Lets not overlook the fact of Arteta having worked with him and also the experience he can bring on younger players.

1 Like

But will KSE sanction £50m on Sterling and another £40m on DCL? Sterling can’t serve up balls to himself. (Wow, what a sentence.)

I know Arteta worked with him before. I’m down enough on Arteta as a coach that I see it as a negative.

Is he actually raising him to be a Utd fan? Wtf Raj? :rofl:

Sterling was a United fan as a kid though. His family might support them too.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s why I’m saying that. :rofl:

Sterling’s Jamaican. United are the #1 Club. Then Arsenal.

1 Like

He would be right near the top of my list for players we should buy.
Sterling and Bissouma would be a great transfer window.

1 Like

Let him go to Chelsea, he’ll never hit the same heights he found for 2-3 seasons at city.