Raheem Sterling

Yeah I’m gonna hold my hand up and defect to team Gomez now.

1 Like

If true, Sterling stepped way over the line there.

He has to put up with a lot of bullshit from people as we know, but it seems to me like some people are going too far in the opposite direction on this now and trying to find a way of excusing this just because it’s him.

1 Like

Or maybe not

1 Like

Maybe in the 10 seconds following you blowing the title you can be a bit of a dick, but not a day later on international duty.

3 Likes

Who’s perspective did that story come from? Sounds unlike Sterling tbh. Doubt he’d do that totally unprovoked, especially a day later and in front of England colleagues.

You’d think he wouldn’t, but at the same time for a player as good as he is to be dropped from the squad, he must’ve done something that crossed a line.

Plus the last thing I think Southgate would want to do would be to create an issue surrounding Sterling unless he felt that this decision was absolutely the right one.

1 Like
5 Likes

The idea of a man as small as Sterling trying to get a man as large as Joe Gomez in a headlock is just hilarious, no wonder onlookers in the squad thought it was banter.

Funny shit.

8 Likes

Yeah I can’t even fathom what he was thinking lol, there’s like a 7/8 inch difference in height (and probably a stone or so in weight) how did he even think that would work lol

5 Likes

It’s the drugs that pep keeps injecting his players with to keep them hypercharged for a full season. They look like giants on the pitch and behaves aggressive too.

2 Likes

@Sterling admirers:

3 Likes

Give it to me.

1 Like

Not for me. I like Sterling but we’re on a different timeline folks. Gotta be thinking about Antony and Noa Lang. Younger players with less exuberant wage demands and with the potential to grow to be on Sterling’s level.

1 Like

There’s time to assess this later on in the season. I’m not against this transfer but I am also starting to have some pause with it also. I’m not sure if Raheem is beyond his peak, on a downhill slope, will have to assess as the season goes on. His lack of clinical finishing does concern me a bit also when we need more goals coming from players other than our CF, and for now we have to absorb a bit of slack already with Saka not yet clinical himself.

Not happening

We’d maybe have some sort of outside chance if we got CL football, otherwise I couldn’t see it happening at all.

Sterling just looks to me like a “finished” player now.

Classy, definitely, but he’s just lost some of that spark that made him so good the last couple of seasons.

I think for 50m and massive wages while already having ESR, Saka, Odegaard is possibly not worth it with a risk of the player ending up like some signings from Chelsea. Yes, he is much younger than Willian et al. but the risk is he sees Arsenal as a step down from big trophies every season and becomes orientated more around his big paycheques, and lifestyle.

I might prefer a more upcoming player for 20-30m, with guaranteed hunger. Yes, some want experience to “lead” ESR/Saka/Odegaard, but I don’t necessarily think that is a must.

1 Like

We dont need more players with minimal shot power and No whip.

Has anyone else noticed how oddly Sterling runs, like cold water is being poured down his back