Premier League star arrested on suspicion of rape

Nothing this girl has mentioned is rape, at most it’s sexual assault, from my perspective sexual misconduct (U.K. version).

Forced oral sex is rape

4 Likes

That’s not rape that’s sexual assault, rape is defined as forced anal, forced vaginal penetration.

https://www.met.police.uk/advice/advice-and-information/rsa/rape-and-sexual-assault/what-is-rape-and-sexual-assault/

9 Likes

The legal definition of rape is when a person intentionally penetrates another’s vagina, anus or mouth with a penis, without the other person’s consent. Assault by penetration is when a person penetrates another person’s vagina or anus with any part of the body other than a penis, or by using an object, without the person’s consent.

According to the met.

1 Like

Fair enough

Clear your search histories @mhappy @flexo @SeanG79

5 Likes

I agree, it is very disingenuous from the police to issue that UNLESS that was the only reason they didn’t charge.

From the mountains of messages and tweets, there was nothing compelling in there that I could see. Messaging your friend or making an accusation is not evidence. I would be very surprised irrespective of legislation change if a charge would have been laid from what I saw.

1 Like

@Flexo the reason it landed on civil court is because there wasn’t enough evidence for a criminal case.

The legislation gave more powers to investigate allegations of rape even if it took place outside of the U.K.

Didnt make it to court though and settlement was a pittance if it meant the accusations stayed out the media

156k is not small change, however like all other cases similar to this the civil court thing to avoid this type public stunt.

These guys pay up to avoid being tarred and feathered for something they might not have done.

There is still the fact she went on holiday with the guy she already accused of rape once :man_facepalming:t5:

1 Like

Less than a weeks wages is a pittance relative to income considering the allegation.

Surely Spain have someone you can report crimes committed in Spain to if the UK won’t investigate them. It doesn’t make much sense for that to be the only reason she stopped pursuing it.

3 Likes

Again you look at it from what he earns, but for her it still a good sum of money, had it been more she would have not said a word.

Of course, and that new legislation allows the U.K. to investigate in Spain unless the Spanish has done they own investigation on the matter

Might be some politics with police forces on this.
They don’t like interference on these things. Who knows.

So are they doing it one by one or are they gonna do it batches?
If it’s the latter, gonna be really awkward with Partey around.

1 Like

Why in the flying fuck would they even need that?

Thick bastards.

5 Likes