Premier League 2022/23

Pundits and fans will be saying City will pip us to it right up until the second it becomes mathematically impossible for them.

No amount of wins in the next 10 games will change that until we’re officially awarded champions.

Glenn Murray: We’ve already seen Tottenham’s progress since Antonio Conte took charge in November and you know he will get them working hard again. Their firepower is almost unmatchable and his style of play is very structured - they won’t let many goals in.

Pat Nevin: If anyone’s capable of breaking out of the pack it is Spurs because of how well they have recruited.

Michael Brown: The squad Spurs have got now is just ridiculously good. The only question I have is about their three centre-backs and whether they will be strong enough defensively over the course of the season.

Leon Osman: They could be the dark horses this year if they sort out their defensive issues. The addition of Richarlison into what was already a formidable attack makes them a more balanced side. Someone other than Son Heung-min to run in behind makes them rival any attacking team in the league. Add in the leadership of Conte and they could make a fist of it - if they can figure out a way of not being so ‘Spursy’.

Sue Smith: They have bought a lot of strong and aggressive players so they will have a lot of steel this season. They are going to be hard to beat.

Jermaine Jenas: Conte’s signings have elevated this team to another level. It is all on them whether they can find the performances and the rhythm they found last year, but I am predicting a reasonably comfortable third-placed finish for Spurs. The only reason I am not putting them in the title race is because, unlike City and Liverpool, I am not sure they can go and win 14 or so games in a row. They might stay unbeaten for that long, but I don’t see them going on a run where they win them all.

9 Likes

People always just make predictions based on the previous season because that’s “the norm”. Not to mention everyone had a hard on for Conte.

4 Likes

Matt Upson: I considered West Ham as well, and whether they can progress again after last season, but I went for Arsenal to finish fourth because they have been on this rebuild now for longer.

Fucking hell, West Ham for 4th? Lol

I think people based their predictions on Kane and Son having 20+ goal seasons again and Kulusevski having a stormer of a campaign. Not to mention everyone thought Conte would turn Spurs into a hard to score against team.

Son fell off the face of the earth, Kulusevski hasn’t stayed fit for long enough and Conte can’t get his team to stop conceding.

It’s been satisfying to watch them burn as they have. And hopefully this is the beginning of a long and steady decline back to being a totally irrelevant team

1 Like

What I found interesting is how they rated them based on the signings they made. I never saw it with either Bissouma or Richarlison.

2 Likes

Some people were losing their minds on here we didn’t sign Bissouma as well tbf.

3 Likes

Another player that has fallen by the wayside after joining a club with pressure and expectations. Still time to turn it around but the hype on him has completely gone.

3 Likes

A break for the whole month?

I assume they mean the small subset of games that take place over sunset? Also I assume it’s just for something light like dried fruit + water or something, energy drink/bar or w/e.

Yeah pausing any night games for a brief few moments so they can get something

A common sense move.

Do other sports do it? I’ve never heard of it before.

Tough to think of another sport with so few breaks in play. Basketball has scheduled stoppages, so does baseball, so does ice hockey. American football, basketball and hockey also have rolling substitutions.

Back in the day, Stevenage used to have an orange and a few drags on a Woodbine at half time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Now that’s a proper break :slight_smile:

3 Likes

We need to coordinate and avoid splitting the vote!

Saka surely. He’s popular, he’s the one non Arsenal fans are likely to vote for. He should win this easily, ain’t no one voting for Tyrone Mings.

1 Like