Premier League 2022/23

:joy:

13 Likes
3 Likes

No Haaland in Man City training

Man City forward Erling Haaland has not been pictured in opening training this morning.

He withdrew from international duty with Norway after suffering a groin problem, and could miss Man City’s match against Liverpool on Saturday.

Sky Sports News’ Peter Stevenson says: “At the moment, he is not [training]. I’ve seen every player, I’ve seen the coaching staff and Pep Guardiola emerge right at the end.

“He’s still having a problem with the groin injury he picked up against Burnley. We’ve been told by his father about hospital treatment he’s had in Barcelona and his recuperation started in Marbella and then back in Manchester.

“But that’s not to say he won’t feature on Saturday against Liverpool. That recovery process might be continuing indoors, we don’t know, we haven’t been told and there is still another full training session to be had on Friday.”

He’ll start.

5 Likes

And probably score a hattrick

4 Likes

I initially thought, oh fair play, then I read a bit.

It is expected that the clubs will support the move in order to avoid government legislation banning gambling advertising completely.

1 Like

So, another rule that won’t be enforced ? :roll_eyes:

2 Likes

Was thinking this. Pretty much all the games this weekend involve a team/s fighting for something, but the prime time TV fixture is this shit. Even decided 2 months ago, this was a rubbish pick.

2 Likes

I mean when you look at those fixtures I think they’ve scheduled it right initially, the 3pms are dross outside the obvious 6 niller.

Could’ve probably switched it to Brighton Brentford with enough notice for fans though.

It’s very difficult for the consumer to stomach this.

For someone paying for Sky, the customer will be thinking, why can’t we get the better game (man city v Liverpool) given that we pay more than the BT customer?

As it happens, those who have ahem other means of watching the football will probably watch Man City v Liverpool in the early afternoon, followed by the Arsenal game and then not even bother with the 5.30 (I’m all footballed out by then)

1 Like

Indeed. Or if I was at home I’d be watching Bayern v Dortmund at 5.30 instead.

1 Like

Footballed out by 5:30?

Pussy.

3 Likes

No hat-trick for us. Nelson robbed.

Jonny must be the oldest in the prem atm. He is like 41 or something?

1 Like

I’ve not seen this goal…

Frankly, I’m disappointed.

Has Rashford really deserved player of the month 3 times?

I like the slightly different Arteta poses used for each picture :sweat_smile:

What’s the record of managers of the months in one season? Surely Arteta has broken that or is close to

Klopp won it 5 times

2 Likes

Well we do have April & May to go so the record is getting broken this season.

1 Like

Time to break that post-award trend boss