Premier League 2022/23

Not really.

1 Like

What on earth are you talking about?

1-1!

1 Like

For someone who mocked my football knowledge on here it’s a little weird you’d pretend not to understand that markets change over time and a 12m player in 2011 is different than a 12m player in 2023.

You’re suggesting that £12m is overspending back in 2011. I can’t see how that’s even remotely true.

1 Like

Yeah that’s absurd. Real Madrid, Barcelona & Inter were wrecking the market just to name a few around that time.

3 Likes

Go back and read what I wrote. I said it’s relative to the time and the market. Who was Juventus competing with back in 2011? Roma? Lazio? Inter?

And it doesn’t change that he was a checkbook guru at Chelsea and Inter.

You just can’t stand that your mans is ruining his reputation. It’s ok. If you keep posting in his defense on here he may notice you one day.

1 Like

I don’t care that he’s failing at Spurs mate. I care when people write things that are completely incorrect.

You don’t even really know what his managerial style is. You just lazily call it low block football which it isn’t. Conte’s team at Inter scored 89 or
90 goals when it won the league. Low block defensive teams don’t do that.

His Chelsea team scored 85 goals when they won the league. Low block defensive teams don’t do that.

You’ve called him a chequebook manager. Every single manager is. Every top coach has spent hundreds of millions to win things. It’s an unequivocal fact. But he had never been a massive overspending manager.

You have a lazy and ignorant take on Conte as a coach and that’s what bothers me.

2-2!!!

2 Likes

Lovely goal from Simms. Just brushed Koulibaly aside.

You’re so brave to take such a stand for Antonio. Good for you.

And if you’d bother to read what I wrote, you may have to use some type of magnifying glass because of that high horse you’re on, you’d see that I’ve said all coaches spend. My issue with him is that he was getting a lot of juice from the English press for no reason.

Every team spends but he’s had advantages throughout his career. You and I disagree about the relative strength of Serie A when he took over. I think he got very lucky taking over a club that was clawing its way into financial supremacy and was able to dominate the domestic market with some good buys. I’ve never said he was a bad coach. I just think he was overrated.

1 Like

Koulibaly :skull::skull:

Go on the toffees :joy:

3 Likes

Why are Chelsea banging out the dance songs over the PA when they didn’t win lol

Define lucky because Juventus wasn’t doing too hot under Ferrara, Zacherroni and Delneri when Conte was an unknown as a coach.

Nice one Dyche, sinking Potter dreams :joy:

1 Like

The bad news for Chelsea is they dropped 2 points.

The good news for Chelsea is they’re only 28 points off the pace but still have 33 points to play for, so a league title is still mathematically possible.

3 Likes

If your looking for an overrated coach, take a look at this Chelsea one.
The ultimate fucking definition of one.

2 Likes

Said it
 we paid around 12m for Poldi, and also Giroud, and Santi.

even a year later we paid a premium of fourty something mil for Ozil
 it made the 12m transactions looked like peanuts.

So, 12m in 2011-12, was not like a huge amount at that time.

Arrives home and checks the chđŸ’©lsea vs Everton score.

1 Like

Really praying Chelsea don’t sack him untill we play them