Pre-2000s Football

Maradonna
Van Basten
Zidane
Ronaldo
Buffon

Just seen it’s 90’s players so changed it.

Baggio
Seerdorf
Papan
Batigol
Ronaldhino

1 Like

Not really 90s but who cares. It’s the King!

4 Likes
6 Likes

Quite a cool intro for 1996 :slight_smile:

2 Likes

If you liked that, both of the USA 94 ones (BBC and ITV) were class, too

1 Like

Hate all this classical operetta shit for football tournaments.
It’s just fucking football played on streets and parks around the world. Pretentious bollocks.

Top 10 Goals of Jesus Arellano, Champion Manager Legend, who never played outside of Mexico

2 Likes

Some sick stuff.

What a lovely chip

5 Likes

That’s an iconic goal but I always thought that SchmeMEciHEHshamalamadingdonghubbaubbaL’s (sp?) positioning was awful.

The fucker was almost on the penalty spot by the time Albert shoots.

2 Likes

Joy Joy Okocha

Albert should never had shaved that preposterous moustache!

Elite bracket?

6 Likes

Remove the question mark immediately, what are you thinking?

9 Likes

Messi’s only better because of HGH, PEDs, speed, stamina.

2 Likes

Ronaldinho, Ronaldo at their peak> messi/c ronaldo

And way more entertaining both of them. Ronaldo especially more than anyone made me stand up and fucking take notice, he made me excited for football, I wanted to see everything he did. I’ve never seen anyone do what he did. Not with the power and accuracy and effectiveness he had. Ronaldinho was more entertaining and skilful sure, but Ronaldo is the perfect striker.

Romario’s quick feet/rounding the keeper, van bastens finishing, savicevic’s two footed dribbling, kaka’s pace (while keeping the ball at his feet not knocking it far and outrunning how Kaka did), all in one player. Nothing has ever topped Ronaldo for me.

2 Likes

Ronaldinho is the most joyous footballer of my life time I think, thats why for me he’s definitely up there with Messi and C. Ronaldo despite his peak lasting a lot less time than theirs and his numbers not being as amazing on paper.

As far as I remember, and maybe this is because his absolute pomp was before social media became what it is today, he also didn’t have any haters either like Messi or C. Ronaldo. He was genuinely loved by everyone and that’s because nobody was more fun to watch.

He was like the Harlem Globetrotter of the footballing world, but one who conquered the very heights of the game rather than playing in exhibitions against chumps like they did, even if chumps is exactly what he often made quality opponents look like.

All done with a smile on his face like there was nothing he’d rather be doing.

The perfect epitome of the beautiful game.

9 Likes

Now theres a great book here ready to be written about a footballer. Give it another few years yet.