Pre-2000s Football

Can’t believe I forgot one of our greatest European results lol

2 Likes

Gonna watch this later, this was before I supported the club so I find them fascinating.

Immediately point out I didn’t know we achieved this result without Vieira and Luzhny as CB.

Another note: Dixon was 34/35 here and he served the club another 2 years. Soldier. Winterburn who was on the bench was a year older.

4 Likes
4 Likes

That was fucking brilliant. He was a class player.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Won’t see a transfer like that anymore.

1 Like

so many career’s were ruined because the kids moved to the big clubs too early.

Tbf that really looks like naive defending from nowadays perspective.

2 Likes

Lentini was such a beast on CM ‘92 (FM for you kids out there). Especially when placed as CF in the “Christmas tree” cheat tactic. +50 goals guaranteed.

3 Likes

I think I made a post about Lentini a while back, this is a good article how the mighty have fallen.
My memories of him breaking the world transfer record and it being all over the news with the Vatican saying its an outrage the money spent on a footballer, oh the irony.
Also fucking up his career with a major car accident.

1 Like
4 Likes

Lovely build for a winger Conti. Strong and fast with great balance.
Always liked him. Always asking the full back questions.

2 Likes

One club man, another old school aspect dying or already dead.

3 Likes

I remember his inch perfect cross for Rossi’s second goal vs Poland

1 Like

The man I hate and respect. Conti was a great player.
Italy was such a huge obstruction for Germany to get more trophies in too many tournaments,.

1 Like

How good was he? My father used to say he was as good as any player in the world at his best. He was in a league of his own at times

2 Likes

He was on his way too trouble when I first seen him.
Plenty of footage though of how great he was. Exceptional balance.
First game I ever went too he played.

1 Like

When I was small my dad took me to West Ham against Man U and I got to see Best playing.
I don’t remember much about the game and both clubs were mid table but Best was still the most famous player in the league.

It’s a shame he never got to go to a World Cup but he did win the European Cup with Man U and was arguably the best player in the final.

The top player then was obviously Pele, although there weren’t many better than Best in Europe.

3 Likes