Post Coronavirus world

Your such a Basquet case.

2 Likes

Come on, guys. Youā€™re making a right messi of this.

2 Likes

Catalan out the bag now.

2 Likes

Andalusia there

2 Likes

These puns make for spainful reading.

4 Likes

You can do Juan then.

5 Likes

Iā€™ve gotten used to it because Iā€™ve had no other option but honestly fuck this being a permanent thing would depress the absolute life out of me being locked in your house 24/7 like you are in prison.

I knew I wouldnā€™t have liked home working before covid and this has just confirmed it. Everything is better in the office. I honestly donā€™t see one benefit of home working for me personally.

I canā€™t wait to get back to the office. They asked us a few months ago when it was allowed what would you do permanent home working a mix of both or back to the office permanently and I picked back to the office in seconds :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Itā€™s funny, I am the exact oppositeā€¦I love working from home, I really do not want to go back to the office environmentā€¦
It would take a team of wild horses to drag me back to the officeā€¦

3 Likes

Thatā€™s good itā€™s people like you who are allowing me to go back eventually :handshake: if everyone wanted to go back weā€™d be fucked :joy:

1 Like

I do a mix. Usually in for two days home for three. Itā€™s just about perfect I would say. This morning I was able to walk the dog, do a ten mile run, shower and go grab a coffee and still start before 9. That would have required getting up at about 5am if Iā€™d had a commute to fit in too. I donā€™t ever want to go back to this not being an option.

It helps when I go in that I have my own office too.

2 Likes

Before all this I had three days in, two at home. Mondays, Tuesdays and Fridays in the office which was great for me. Always wanted what youā€™ve got, but felt I could be happy with the second best possible mix for me.

But the org I work for is pretty fucked financially and is closing all but fifteen of our offices across the UK by classing employees as either office based or home workers. Looks like Iā€™ll either be office based all five days a week and get to keep my inner London weighting or be made a home worker and work at home five days a week and have my salary reduced by Ā£3,600.

Dont wanna complain as it could be much worse, but that sucks.

3 Likes

As you say, count yourself lucky because you are keeping the job, but youā€™re right, that does suckā€¦Hope it works out for you in the end.

Out of curiosity, What is it that you have hated about home working?

1. Loss of a routine

2. Getting dressed up not slobbing around in joggers and a hoodie and not doing your hair.

3. Social aspects. I miss talking to my co workers just in general like did you watch the match last night.

4. The ten minute walk to and from my office from the train station.

5. More room. You have a massive desk two screens and a comfy office chair. I donā€™t have the room for two screens and its fucking annoying haha I miss two screens so much

Two positives would be

1. I donā€™t give a fuck about if it rains now.

2. I have enjoyed having the radio on throughout the day.

2 Likes
  1. I make a routineā€¦I get up at usual time, and instead of commuting, I walk my dogs.
  2. I always get dressed for work, makes me feel more professional.
  3. Always have colleagues/mates on Teams or Skype, chatting all day.
  4. See task number 1.
  5. Agreed, I do miss two screens, but not the end of the world for me.

A) Cricket on on the background when there is a game on.
B) Radio on all day.

2 Likes

I was able to commandeer a second screen for home but if I hadnā€™t I would have bloody bought one.

1 Like

I still have the same routine near enough. Just waking up slightly later as I have no commute haha. My hours of 9-5 are still the same

@shamrockgooner you can get them but I canā€™t be fucked with the hassle of having to buy a bigger desk to fit both when its not a permanent thing.

Oh right. So youā€™re the problem :grin:

1 Like

I paired my personal laptop and home laptop using ā€˜Mouse without bordersā€™. Love it.

You can only get them now tho and who knows when youā€™d actually get them haha as theyā€™ve only started asking who wants one. If I could Iā€™d get them in a heartbeat.