Post Coronavirus world

A trip to Thailand should be considered a luxury because of the environmental impact of flying.

There are huge environmental costs to people flying all over the world whenever they like, I think it would be healthy for people to consider such long haul flights (flying in general tbh) to be a luxury, not something it’s OK to do all the time, whenever you like, rather than a special treat that you only indulge in occasionally.

6 Likes

Maybe it’s just me but I have no interest in travelling and seeing these countries on the other side of the world anyway haha.

If I go on holiday I’m happy with Spain.

This was even before the pandemic

1 Like

I’m surprised you’d go that far mate, given you were content to not leave your lounge for 3 months.

6 Likes

Was just April and a bit of May :joy::joy::joy:

I do like Holidays but I don’t have them regularly haha. Spain is close and has sun its all you need

If you saw some of the places I stayed in when I went travelling in Thailand you wouldn’t consider it a luxury :laughing:

But yeah, I get the point about the environment.

1 Like

You could do with some cultural experience Calum.
You life is like your burgers.

2 Likes

I’m not interested in other countries and cultures lol.

2 Likes

Haha that’s fair

Christ travel snobs are amongst the biggest bores you can meet though.
Always trying to impress. Not bothered mate.Its all on the web.

1 Like

Costs a fortune as well. I’d rather spend my money on better things than two weeks in Bali

Proper Brexit lad :muscle:

Mark Noble would be proud :uk:

Don’t associate me with that flag :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

The typical travel snob loves the genuine cultural atmosphere of the abroad country (ie poverty). When the natives acquire western luxuries, higher standard of living etc it’s spoiled and over exploited.

1 Like

Yep it’s the clowns in work going to Barcelona for the weekend that do my head in.
Professing culture about Gaudi architecture and coming home with Lionel Messi mugs that piss me off.

3 Likes

:santi: :eyes:

Someone should have warned the fucking philistines that all of their cultural exploits would be rendered null and void if they bought some football merchandise too :grin:

4 Likes

Lionel Messi is arguably as culturally important to Barcelona as Antoni Gaudi is anyway.

2 Likes

Question is can Gaudi build a wall good enough to stop a Messi free kick.

2 Likes

Question isn’t if the wall is good enough, question is whether the wall will ever get completed

4 Likes

Can I basque in the shade of that wall?

2 Likes