Post Coronavirus world

I was always well prepared for work from home.
I had a desk since ages and optimized my sitting area for work or surfing purposes.

I am loving the work from home, especially since it is raining these days over here.

I really can’t be arsed to go back to work, and be pretentiously nice to folks I generally wouldn’t want to talk to. It is now confined to calls and that helps my sanity.

Love the hour long afternoon nap as well.

The amount of money I am saving on fuel, commute, vehicle maintenance, food, attire etc. is significant.

And most importantly, I am saving time which would have been wasted on commute, which is around 2 hours a day. I am making sure I am using that time to learn Spanish and a new skill.

2 Likes

Two hour commute?! Fuck me no wonder you don’t miss it haha mines only 20 minutes :rofl:

To & Fro, but not so long ago I used to do 5 hours total per day. You can now understand why I hate going to work.

3 Likes

Everyone has a different story around WFH. I think in office jobs like IT we should get to decide what’s best for ourselves. Going in or not should be an open choice for a year at least. So long as there’s office space and maintenance a “come in if you like” approach is best IMO.

What’s annoying is when managers think their own decision to come in should determine their teams decision…

5 Likes

https://twitter.com/helloalegria/status/1301290315593191426?s=21

Poster on the underground

:ozil:

2 Likes

‘Second family’ is definitely not a phrase I’d use to describe office co-workers.

5 Likes

My family are cunts so it’s fair enough

12 Likes

I work with pure caffiene powder. You actually get a caffiene hit from inhaling caffiene filled air.

Is it a government poster?

Doubt it, bet it’s a Dettol ad or something similar.

1 Like

If you read the small print at the bottom it says use disinfectants safely haha

Bit weird they haven’t stamped their logo on it.

Edit: turns out it is actually a Dettol ad.

This made me chuckle…

1 Like

@Bl1nk gets away with it regularly :smile:

1 Like

I suspect its on the right hand side of the poster, from the picture it looks like there’s more out of shot.

Another one

Does anyone have a favourite TfL worker?

1 Like

Nah. I have two mates from school who work for TfL but I couldn’t possibly choose between them.

This was a great video.

I was very anti working from home but now I’ve done it a year I like it a lot. In the video its said we all have our new routines now which I do haha and a massive percentage don’t want to do 5 days a week in the office again which I don’t.

Our work is letting us do flexi if we want when they finally reopen. For me a 3-2 split of the week would be absolutely perfect as its the best of both sides as I don’t want to fully commit to one :raised_hands:

I already do a 4-1 and I love it as it splits the week into two halfs Monday Tuesday and Thursday Friday :joy:

2 Likes

I’m starting to really hate 5 days WFH a week. I woke up this morning and one of the first things I saw was my office, and even on a Saturday thats immediately set my mind racing about 101 things going on at work that I’d really rather not think about at 8am on a Saturday morning.

My job has gone full WFH even leaving aside the pandemic, with the plan being to go into the central London Head office once a month, but probably no more than that.

Even as an introvert, its getting to be too much for me lol, I need to be around some people again. If the next job I get is fully WFH then I’m gonna have to look into some sort of shared working space a couple days a week just to get out and about and give me and my other half a little bit of space from each other lol

6 Likes

I was talking to my mates last night and they’re going mental, I personally couldn’t handle this lockdown and working from home. Mentally it would fucking destroy me.

Feel lucky I have some routine where I leave the house for 8 hours.

3 Likes