Portsmouth Vs Arsenal (FA Cup)

“…Arteta will need to play his strongest side in every game…”
————————
Whatever side he plays - the magic of his hugs and kisses to his players (during subs as an example) is obviously fading away. Yup, hugs and kisses - that’s what seemingly Arteta unlike Emery brought to Ozil and a-likes in this team.

Literally every Arsenal fan wants this.

But seeing as we aren’t that kind of club, Calum would quite like to see us win a smaller trophy. I agree with Calum, I too would like to see some small form of success for the football club I support, rather than more ignominious failure.

3 Likes

Couldn’t care less about this cup, let get out as quickly as poss and put all our efforts in getting back into Europe.

Why can’t we attempt both. Don’t understand having to prioritise anything. Three extra games before the final FFS. What’s so demanding about that. First one being lower League opposition.

3 Likes

Exactly. We can win both.

In fact we could have won the EL, too. Excuses about congestion of fixtures and prioritising are exactly that- excuses.

3 Likes

Best night of ACs life.

2 Likes

We could have won the EL but we got knocked out by the Greeks remember so not happy about a cup game when we need to be back in Europe. Can we handle both yes but we won’t really be able because we will get knocked out by some lesser team.

Well if we’re getting knocked out by a lesser team and merging that with midweek why worry about Europe at all. Surely we wouldn’t be capable any way.

We might just might win some prem games and get back into Europe.

We are already a failure, have you this season lol

Is there an international break next weekend?

No, we have West Ham.

Sorry yeah just checked the fixtures

Now the one thing we do know about Fratton Park on Monday night, 49 undefeated will be sung with some extra gusto in the away section.

6 Likes

And

#We’re still Invincible
We’re still invincible#

Haven’t lost to Pompey since 1958. Keep it that way Mikel.

If a cup upset happens, meaning a club outside the top 7 wins the Cup, it might not even be enough to finish 7th in order to get European football. Even ending this season on a high note in order to get that 5th/6th/7th finish is going to be a struggle. Might aswell put a lot in the Cup.

Or that has changed already since Man City won the League Cup. But I’m not sure about that.

I see what your saying but Arteta needs players who are as fit as poss and we don’t have a lot of talent to choose from.
If he plays a second team until the semis then ok but I’m not up for running the legs off our first team players.

What do you mean by running the legs off them here.
It’s March now. Four extra games tops. Plus Arteta needs as many games as possible to learn and harness his team. He needs to gain as much experience as possible.
He really can’t afford to lose this game tonight after Europe on Thursday. It’d be calamatous for him.

1 Like

If i was picking the side, I’d go Leno, Maitland Niles, Holding, Mari, Saka, Guendouzi, Torreira, Martinelli, Willock, Auba, Eddie, Pepe.

Keep the bench strong just in case they might screw it up.