Portsmouth Vs Arsenal (FA Cup)

The last time we played Portsmouth

2 Likes

With the Europa League disaster, Arteta will need to play his strongest side in every game going forward. Maybe two or three names aside, give Saka a rest, Martinell and Eddie up front along with Auba. Maybe That loan signing from Brazil instead of Mustafi. No messing about, I think we meet them anyway. 2-1 i’m going with but I could see it been a struggle.

No shit.

We’d all rather be in Liverpool’s position. But we’re not, so we need to take any scraps we can get. Winning the FA Cup or at least going on a big run is better than another humiliation.

4 Likes

Does 2009 Arsenal beat 2020 Arsenal? Or to rephrase it maybe, by how much?

Leno, Saka and Aubameyang get in that side

1 Like

Plenty of more humiliation on the way if you like that sort of thing lol. So just strap in. “going on a big run” that ain’t happening, and I’m confident in saying that sadly.

For sure, it be a easy win. 4-1 with Auba scoring. This is definitely one of the worse Arsenal sides I’ve seen, one been carried by a top class striker.

Yeah only those 3 would get in.

I can’t remember us not wanting be successful in any cup but winning this would mean the board would feel that we are on the right track and that they were vindicated by choosing Arteta.

This is why Wenger was kept on so long, because he won the FA Cup a few times, and that glossed over what was really a complete shambles.

I really thought we had a chance to get in the CL by winning the EL but that result and performance against Olympiacos is amongst the worst I’ve seen.
So I couldn’t care less what happens in the FA Cup.

1 Like

I really thought we had a chance to get in the CL by winning the EL but that result and performance against Olympiacos is amongst the worst I’ve seen.
So I couldn’t care less what happens in the FA Cup.

That’s exactly how I feel @InvincibleDB10

1 Like

This is more our level. I think we might sneak the win.

The cups are the lifeblood of the mid table side. We need to take this seriously. Obviously the league and CL are more important for the teams capable of winning them but that’s not us, we’re mid table tripe.

2 Likes

What’s Arteta left to lose, no mid week European games now, so that’s a few days off for the players. no excuse of tiredness anymore. Still the likes of Spurs, Utd, City, Leicester, Sheff Utd in it, either Liverpool or Chelsea are going out this round. And other five have winnable games. It’s going to be tough for sure. He needs something to fall back on if the top 5 race doesn’t work out. I’m still doubtful, cause this team will have another bottle job performance in them.

:eyes: Before last night we had never gone out in Europe after winning the first leg

2 Likes

Would you be shocked if we lost on Monday, I personally wouldn’t I think this side is capable of losing to any team in three lower leagues, especially away with a hot crowd facing them.

We have in the League Cup though. :hipster: :arteta:

Being serious who’s your team? I hope the 49ers can get somebody that’ll help them win this time round

Being serious I don’t have one and you’d have to pay me to watch a game of that.

7 Likes

Mi New York Jéti ( :heart:)

14 Likes

Ffs :rofl: !? Anyhoo watch us lose this too - play the kids !!

Whatevs. Hope we win bc I always do and I enjoy these cups but pretty annoyed at this club overall atm.

1 Like

I’m sure you mean winning the 1st leg away ? We beat Valencia 2-1 in the QF at Highbury 1st leg in 2001.

1 Like