Portsmouth Vs Arsenal (FA Cup)

I don’t even know if I can get myself to watch this :sob:

Should see Torreira and Martinelli back in the team. Lacazette probably comes in too.

Expecting a strong side and progression within 90 minutes. Lot of pressure on Arteta after the awful result last week.

Looking forward to this.

Think we’ll see Martinelli return, and surely a Pablo Mari debut.

1 Like

Yeah we set the standard for exiting cup competitions in quick succession, but not this season please.

We’ll take our loss to Liverpool or Man City away in the next round thanks

1 Like

bunch of kids, eh.

interesting to see Mari I suppose. Also Eddie - Martinelli combo.

I quite like that team. Apart from Sokratis at RB, wth has happened with AMN.

1 Like

League one opposition… like the lineup.

Nothing. He’s just really shit. How many times do I need to tell you this?

1 Like

Look you and the other one can truly fuck off

Metrosexual Hector is the real shitter. Goddamn vegan slow putty

Nah but seriously the joke is getting real old now.

2 Likes

Don’t fancy this tbh. Don’t like the idea that Auba isn’t around at all.
Willock and Nelson is pretty ugly sight to be getting behind. Just get it won FFS.

Better than tofu kid

Alot of experience at the back, very youthful further forward.

Our young forwards have been strong this season in their performances so I think we could score some good goals with Martinelli, Nketiah, Saka etc. on the pitch.

I guess Auba has been left home, but we should have enough to score some goals and not go crazy at the back.

It will be nice to see Portsmouth again after all these years.

They are also understandably up for this:

Portsmouth v Arsenal: Kenny Jackett ‘excited’ as Mikel Arteta forced to shuffle defence - http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/51697793

Jackett, who led Millwall to the semi-finals of the FA Cup in 2013, said he does not think the magnitude of the occasion will be an issue for his side, who are third in League One.

“You’re playing against one of the genuinely great clubs in this country,” he said.

“It’s a great game for us, a mouth-watering tie and definitely one we’re looking forward to. I don’t think the players will be overawed.”

Pompey captain Tom Naylor is hopeful the atmosphere at Fratton Park can be used to the home side’s advantage.

“I wouldn’t necessarily use the word intimidating but [it’s an] old-fashioned ground, tight, a passionate crowd and we have to use those assets,” he said.

Hope this goes well because I’m definitely not watching the next arsenal league match unless one of Pepe or Lacazette is sacrificed for Nelson or Martinelli.

Game not on BBC?

Nah bbc have chelsea pool tomorrow. We are on bt sport

What’s the story with midweek FA cup games? Is this new?

Only way to squeeze the winter break in by playing the fa cup during the week.

2 Likes

Thank god its not BBC, their coverage is bollocks.