Podcasts & Audiobooks

because you recommended them I will. Cheers :+1:

3 Likes

That cuts deep :sob:

1 Like

Should be a fun listen

He is on the latest Arsecast too.

Why is he doing the rounds?

Personally couldnā€™t give the slightest shit about what he has to say, heā€™s a total bellend and his spell at the club is something Iā€™d rather try to forget.

A man with his career deserves to be forgotten.

1 Like

His book is being released in English.

Oh goodie, Iā€™ve been waiting years to hear the full story about his Paddy Power pants and all his other significant achievements.

1 Like

@shamrockgooner you listened to the Adam Buxton pod with Robbie Williams?

When I got the noti for it my first reaction was admittedly, ā€œRobbie fucking Williams, really?ā€ lol

I quite enjoyed it though. He comes across a lot better than I expected to be fair, though he seems pretty mental when going on about his UFO sightings haha. But Adam is pretty open about the disdain he held Robbie Williams in back in his heyday, and that brings out a lot of interesting stuff, including the bits about Robbie Williams being sad about Bowie dying and then hearing that his hero had apparently been disparaging about him.

Adam even played him a rather unkind spoof that heā€™d done of Rudebox haha

Definitely humanised Robbie Williams quite a lot for me. Worth a listen Iā€™d say :+1:

1 Like

Yea I pretty much listen to Buxton pod on release now. Iā€™ve read a few interviews with Robbie Williams over the years and, if Iā€™m honest Iā€™ve always throught his first solo album was good, so I was less taken aback. :grin:

Totally agree though, an eye opening interview and definitely some laugh out loud moments in it too.

1 Like

To be totally honest, when Robbie was in his prime I was like 7 to 10/11 years old, and I loved a bit of Robbie. Still remember getting hyped about seeing the uncensored version of Rock DJ when he tore his skin off and danced about haha. Whether you like him or not, thereā€™s no denying he was a very charismatic performer and a great popstar in his prime.

But yeah, having grown up since and seen what heā€™s been up to in the following twenty years, I wasnā€™t exactly enthused to see him up as the latest guest haha.

Very glad I did listen though.

3 Likes

Love that video. Absolutely terrifying.

Anyway, Iā€™d plug the Bunga Bunga podcast from Wondery. Itā€™s about the Bunga Bunga scandal. Itā€™s very good! Mainlined four episodes yesterday!

I heard David Dimbleby on a podcast promoting his new podcast The Fault Line which is all about the invasion of Iraq in 2003. Iā€™ve not listened yet as might wait until all eps are available but itā€™s a long form podcast series by David Dimbleby. I would imagine the chances are it not being excellent are about zero.

Latest Arsecast extra was very good best one in a while some great discussion from the lads

1 Like

@Calum You ever listen to the Arsenal Vision podcast? Just curious. Itā€™s the only other one I listen to.

Nope. I only listen to Arsecast extra and usually handbrake off. I donā€™t like listening to the same subject constantly basically.

Totally Football Show does me for the Premier League and general footballā€¦ Then sorely for the rapport and banter/chat between the host and panel I listen to open goal.

1 Like

Solid lineup. I love the Noble Blood podcast. If youā€™re a bit of a nerd like me you may find it interesting.

1 Like

Usually have Love Islands podcast aswell when its on. Thatā€™s probably the only non football podcast I listen to haha. Never got into other genres :joy:

1 Like

Love Island isnā€™t really big here. My partner and I watch The Bachelor which is similarly trashy. That and 90 Day Fiance, which is probably the dumbest show on television. Highly recommend.

1 Like

I canā€™t watch American reality tv :joy: no offence like hah

I love Spotify for the Wrapped {insert year} they send you every December. One of my favourite parts of December :joy:

Arsecast extra LOYAL :heart_eyes:

1 Like