Podcasts & Audiobooks

It’s important to crop memes, but I’m not gonna crop my screenshot of Audible just to remove the notification bar lol

2 Likes

Do people still listen to Rogan in 2020 now his ill-informed opinions have exposed him as an intellectual bonehead?

1 Like

what are those opinions? I’m sure he never considered himself anything but a meathead, it’s his guests I sometimes want to listen to. I think he is just open minded and it’s when he is open minded toward guests who people dislike they suddenly do not like open mindedness as much it turns out.

I mean the concept of his podcast is that he just talks to whoever he feels like talking to and you can listen in if you want to. That’s why he leaves YT, he disagreed with how they are trying to control who he talks to.

His agenda is literally that he is a knucklehead who is curious about the world lol we know it and he knows it sort of. Few listen to him for -his- opinions on things is my take. Rather because they like whoever he has on, and he is good at getting them to talk for two hours like normal people talk. imo.

I end up listening to like 10% of the guests he has on but I like those ones. 90% of them interest him but not me.

3 Likes

I’ve never heard of this story before, maybe some of the more frequent reddit users might know a little about this but I found this to be quite an interesting rabbit hole to delve into.

I listened to this podcast yesterday that basically gives you a chronological breakdown of what happened surrounding a reddit user and this supposed image hosting website from little over a decade ago.

Edit: the link seems borked. The podcast is called Red Web and the episode is called Lake City Quiet Pills.

2 Likes

On it! Cheers!

1 Like

Got Malcolm X’s autobiography performed by Laurence Fishburne with my monthly Audible credit. Would definitely recommend it, in getting through it at a fair pace so far.

That’s a brilliant biography, one of the best I’ve read. Enjoy.

1 Like

@Calum one thing I’ll say about Gunnerblog. He’s a witty guy and got a nice voice/accent on podcasts, makes the arseblog podcast a nice listen along with the host.

Night and day compared to the awful noise on the arsenal vision podcast.

2 Likes

Arsecast and handbrake off are the only arsenal ones I listen to!

Then it’s:

Totally Football Show
Open Goal
Ornstein and Chapman
Official FPL podcast

1 Like

You need to branch out. Football Ramble can be fun on some days. I prefer Guardian Football Weekly to Totally Football Show. Though I think that is because I have a thing for Barry. I love the Irish accent. And he is such a moany sod, he reminds me of @shamrockgooner

Oh and for FPL, the best podcast is Not the top 20

1 Like

No thanks. Happy with what I listen to :slightly_smiling_face:

Yeah I wasn’t being totally serious. We all know you are set in your ways.

1 Like

Barry is too much for me to listen to, at least @shamrockgooner has a sense of humor. Barry just seems miserable about everything.

1 Like

That is what I find funny though. I love listening to people rant. Especially when they rant in an Irish accent.

1 Like

I was surprised when I found out Barry Glendenning wasn’t in fact a 70 year old farmer.

4 Likes

I’d touchy gooners good? Thought I’d give it a try but a lot of their say some strange things on twitter but I know you said you listened to it before.

What?

Because I didn’t want to listen to the podcasts you listen to you’ve went in a huff?

I tried the guardian one years ago and it’s shite. I don’t like any of the guests they get on and the presenter isn’t Jimbo.

I’m joking Calum. Definitely not in a huff.

And @Electrifying I haven’t listened to that one in a while. It’s basically just a group of lads having a chat in the pub and occasionally they touch on football. Some weeks it was funny, but i found it got annoying quite quickly.

1 Like

She was joking bro.

@Phoebica thanks. I’ll maybe listen to this one ep and leave the rest.

I think you should try those podcasts instead of being set in your ways. Try something new matey.

3 Likes