PlayStation 5

Out of curiosity, how come you got it in the first place?

I originally bought a digital one. Played it a few times and realised I’m not really a gamer.

Then I got rid of the digital one and got a disc one and literally just never opened it lol. I got one because I had access to one but the truth is I knew I’d never play it lol

2 Likes

You’re a good man :muscle:t2: :muscle:t2:

I recently switched allegiances and made the jump to PS5. Add me up if you want. Or don’t. Idc.

JoshCKY

@JakeyBoy as the biggest Splinter Cell fan- no I’m not saying stan- on here I just wanted to let you know it took me about 35 solid fucking seconds of scrolling before someone on Reddit made a Fisher joke.

Those dumbass kids don’t know games.

1 Like

NEED THESE REMASTERED NOW. That and Prince of Persia

5 Likes

That’s a smart acquisition.

2 Likes

If only one could buy a PS5 :pleading_face:

Supply still lagging behind

Interesting. Halo is dead tbh but reckon Sony have bought Bungie because they badly need an exclusive Online IP.

Microsoft will keep Halo as it’s their IP as far as I’m aware.

1 Like

Yeah, they’ve passed Halo to the other teams anyway. I think they own it.

This is definitely a reaction to Activision/Blizzard and Bethesda being bought by Microsoft.

Won’t be surprised if Killzone comes back too to give some alternatives to PS only gamers.

I swear to god gamers these days are the weirdest fucking kids. Literally obsessing over business acquisitions their tiny flea brains couldn’t understand if it was laid down in a power point presentation with the cunt speaking slowly.

Crying about their inability to purchase a fucking PS5, yet when they finally get it they wait 2 weeks so they can custom paint the sides of it along with the dualsense and then post the garish nightmare on Reddit.

They will go through all of this, just so they can play FIFA Cod and have a tiny boner over the next Spiderman game that may come out to appease fucking morons.

Everything ok bro? :grimacing:

5 Likes

Yeh man, I’m genuinely looking forward to Elden Ring’s release.

So Sony said Bungie will stay multiplatform.
Again, that’s smart. PS will probably get some extra benefits out of this but if you want the game you can still play it on the console of your choosing.

Do people really not understand that the technology is moving towards cross platform and has been for years, none of this boring shit matters outside lame Reddit console wars. Sure there might be a few exclusives but it’s really not a big deal and the kids who complain the loudest usually don’t even play the game. Seriously people need to just pick the platform they enjoy the most and leave all the boring stuff behind.

1 Like

It’s all just gonna move towards Cloud based game streaming platforms like Steam etc.

Consoles won’t have to have big hard drives in the future.

1 Like

I hope not.

Because then you’re tied to pay extortionate online only store prices. Wonder if piracy would increase when people figure out a way to crack the software for these games?

In that event I may transition to the PC master race

1 Like

Exactly, no one talks about it but the fact that the PS5 came without a disc drive was a massive evolution for Sony ang gaming in general, no one talks about it because they’re unable to get one, too busy spray painting the one they do have or engaged in some cringe console war on reddit and twitter.

You’re completely right though and it’s actually another point no one notices. SSD’S right now are extortionately expensive, not everyone can afford to go and pay another 100-300 bucks for a couple of TB of storage. As time goes on they will get cheaper but we’re kind of at a point now that it’s essentially a design flaw. The obvious solution to this is as you say the cloud combined with subscription based gaming. I’ve played more games in the last year off the back of PSNow than in the last 3 or 4 years combined, -

For about a combined 19 pounds I’ve went through - Fallen Order, TLOU2, MGS3, Resident Evil Revelations, Nier Automata. Some were streamed others I dl’d tempororily to my SSD, you’d be hard pushed to get any of the more recent ones alone in digital form for my entire 4 months of PSNow and single month of EA Access. This is making gaming more accessible and inexpensive for the average gamer, especially for older games.

If you go into any subforum on Reddit all you’ll see is kids arguing about these game rights but the truth is they really just don’t understand what’s going on, they don’t see how the technology is changing and evolving. Cross platform is absolutely going to be the future, many multiplayer games I already play like Chivalry 2 use it because it extends the shelf life of their lobbies. Cross platform, cloud based storage and subscription based services, this is how it’s going play out over the next decade.

1 Like

I think no one talks about it because they brought out a PS5 with a disc drive too. It wasn’t forced upon the users.