Player of the season 22/23

Who are your Top 5 Arsenal players of the season 22/23?

• Aaron Ramsdale
  • Takehiro Tomiyasu
  • Ben White
  • William Saliba
  • Gabriel Magalhaes
  • Jakub Kiwior
  • Rob Holding
  • Kieran Tierney
  • Oleksandr Zinchenko
  • Thomas Partey
  • Jorginho Frello
  • Granit Xhaka
  • Fabio Vieira
  • Martin Odegaard
  • Bukayo Saka
  • Reiss Nelson
  • Gabriel Jesus
  • Eddie Nketiah
  • Gabriel Martinelli
  • Leandro Trossard

0 voters

Note: had to filter out players that left on loan and others who didn’t play enough this season

2 Likes

Saka, Martinelli, Odegaard and Partey were instant selections, no thought required. Last spot could have easily gone to several players, but in the moment I went for Gabriel.

4 Likes

Interesting that, when you think of the question in your head it feels like an easy one to answer but as I’m checking the boxes I’m becoming increasingly indecisive. Not an easy one to narrow!

3 Likes

This is the correct choice! I chose Rammers instead of Gabriel, but was tough to decide between them for the last spot.

Yep, I think generally most go for Saka, Odegaard and Martinelli but then it can turn really hard to pick the last 2.

I think majority of the team had their moments but it’s hard to forget the last chunk of the season. Saliba was injured and has dropped off since the World Cup. Zinchenko dropped off, Gabriel dropped off, Partey dropped off, Jesus was out for most of the season.
I personally went for the two most consistent. Ramsdale and White. Aside that blunder against Southampton, Ramsdale has saved us one too many times. White has been only one that held his shit together in our backline.

3 Likes

If it was six I would have included Xhaka. Still think he’s a cunt, but he’s our cunt.

2 Likes
  1. Holding (> Real Madrid)
  2. Saka
  3. Odegaard
  4. Martinelli
  5. Rambo

Odegaard
Martinelli
Saliba
Saka
White

In retrospect I maybe should have voted Partey based on the overall body of work but its very hard to get two pivotal games where he was complete trash - at West Ham and at City - out of my mind. Maybe harsh but with a very young team those are the matches in which you need to lean on your veteran leaders who have been in huge games before and he came up so fucking small when we needed him the most.

Xhaka is half the player but he did his best to maintain his level and lead the team even when the stakes got highest.

In no particular order:

White
Ramsdale
Martinelli
Saka
Odegaard

1 Like

Martinelli. Stood up in our toughest times.

Honourable shout outs to Odegaard, Saliba and Saka.

Worth its own thread

Find it difficult to argue against any points so far really.

Saka, Martinelli and Odegard were my givens and then went for Ramsdale and finally Jesus as I just think his impact at the start of the season was the kickstart that even got us in the mix to begin with.

1 Like

Oh shit.

Moving the thread fucked the votes. Go again everyone :joy:

Ah cool @Leper fucked it not me. :grin:

Argh! Sorry everyone and @GC-Maniac in particular. I edited an option in the poll to correct a typo and it reset the votes.

I accept the wanker of the day award.

Nah it was me sadly :joy:

2 Likes

No worries. :sweat_smile:

I can only vote for 4 now :joy:

Really? I managed 5 :grinning:

I got there in the end. Voted, removed the vote and voted again :smiley:

We’ve made this a shambles.

6 Likes