PL UK Television rights tender 2019/22

Its work for him too with the liveblog and then he obviously can’t start on the next day’s blog until the game is over. If I had to work over a weekend I’d certainly prefer to have it out of the way as soon as possible too.

Fair enough I don’t really have a preference it makes no different to me what time we kick off at haha. Although I love the night games on weekends during this covid period as its something to do :joy:

1 Like

I don’t understand what is the point of games on at half 5 on Friday and Monday evening? Just put them at 3 o clock on a Saturday and keep them on the PPV there.

This is your version of the Arseblog objection to 7.30 Sunday.

Basically they think bored cunts will buy as many games as possible the more they space them.

5 Likes

Haha I wouldn’t watch them anyway just seems a an absolute madness time specially when these slots are always Fulham and West Brom and never the premium teams :joy:

With England back in lockdown are they gonna go back to were they were in June with all games on TV I wonder :thinking:

I wonder if that’s why PPV was kept in place. More people with time and lack of opportunity to do stuff.
See if we can get a few more punters this way.

1 Like

Spot on stroller. Even £9.95 is to dear for me

The new national lockdown, which begins on Thursday, has put the Premier League’s pay-per-view strategy back on the table, though. Industry sources believe charging fans £14.95 is not a good look when further hardship is in store for many across the country and football has been given a special allowance to continue, thus enabling top-flight teams to receive payments from broadcasters.

The matter is set to be discussed at this week’s Premier League summit, with some clubs expected to argue for a £9.95 price point and others for total disbandment. Another proposal would be for season-ticket holders to have a streaming service.

However, the issue is described as “very live”, with a number of executives at sides with smaller commercial revenues said to be fully committed to the current pay-per-view scheme despite fierce public criticism. Numbers of subscriptions for matches are varying, but even those with small sign-ups are worthwhile for clubs looking to replace the loss of match-day income.

The final round of fixtures set at £14.95 will take place next weekend, with any changes occurring after the November international break. The meeting of shareholders is scheduled for Thursday, and the current price could yet remain.

1 Like

:fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire: YES WE WON!!!

5 Likes

Wish they fucking did it before Vill though lol

1 Like

Confirmation that it’s been sent to room 101

1 Like

only scrapped up until the new year? scrap it completely you money grabbing parasites.

I think you’re misunderstanding. It’s gone for good, or at least until fans can come back. They say new year just because they need to give a date. They’ll extend it nearer the time and keep doing so until fans return.

I doubt it’s gone for good. Almost certain to be part of the next tv deal.

1 Like

Oh yeah maybe, but it won’t be a thing again until fans can come back. I more meant, they’re not saying “it’s coming back in the new year” they’re saying “it’s gone until at least new year”

3 Likes

TV picks and kick off times in link :arrow_up:

1 Like
2 Likes

Wasn’t Fulham vs Everton shown on BBC the other day?

Think they mean Boxing day. I thought the same at first.

1 Like

I don’t get this (not that I’m complaining about more football on telly) but wasn’t increased exposure on TV due to empty stadia?

Now that fans are allowed in tier 2, doesn’t this take away from that?