PL UK Television rights tender 2019/22

Premier League only care about money. Even though the cunts are swimming in it. Fuck them, fuck sky fuck bt and fuck the 19 premier league clubs who voted for it.

Cunts

Clubs need too fly north for away games in the League cup. How else they going too afford this.:upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Lol at them being shocked at the reaction. These cunts live on a different planet.

Clubs across the Premier League are known to have been “taken aback” by the ferocity of the reaction to the announcement. “It is a plague on all our houses except Leicester,” said one club source.

Leicester, though, were not the only club to raise issues at the meeting. There were concerns that it would constitute a PR own goal on the back of a transfer window in which the 20 clubs committed to spending more than £1 billion in transfer fees and there was also disagreement over the money to be charged.

One senior executive at a Premier League club said they would rather watch Match of the Day than pay £15 for a match. Another source told The Athletic after the meeting: “If you ask 20 millionaires to go into room and decide what £15 means, this is what happens. It has failed the Netflix test, one game is more than a monthly Netflix subscription.”

3 Likes

The thing is Sky have already set the price of football. They think it’s fair to charge £9.99 for 24 hours of Sky Sports, which on a weekend will normally include 2 Premier League matches with their primary pundit setup and full programme experience and if you’re lucky maybe a Grand Prix or something else too.

The fact that the PL can then decide to be charging £15 for a single game which I imagine won’t have the same quality of match day presentation just doesn’t wash.

1 Like

You’ve mentioned this quite a few times now mate :grin:

1 Like

Is that saying that Leicester, not Liverpool, voted against this?

Also if it was a derby game or big club clash right now it’s only half the spectacle without a crowd.
NLD, old firm or Liverpool v United are occasion games.
Gone greedy early here but bottom line is like subscription tv in general it’s in people’s hands to buy or not.

Its the premier league who made the price but sky and bt are using their own pundits presenters and commentators.

So after the usual sky game on Saturday night it will be cheerio if you haven’t bought the ppv as our coverage on sky sports premier league ends now. Please head to sky sports box office to watch the next game for a further £15 :joy::joy:

1 Like

I’m glad too see the message getting through. Just till Christmas and I’ll drop it.:wink:

1 Like

Yeah Leicester voted against it. The other 19 said yes

2 Likes

Ah yes, I misread the earlier tweet about that.

That’s exactly what I said re the Sky Sports Pass. Apart from the last bit, cos it’ll be through Sky Sports Box Office or BT Sport’s Box Office, so syilk have their usual sets of presenters etc.

Edit: just seen Cal already said that basically.

You don’t need an expert to tell you this :joy:

3 Likes

Are they going to be PPV in the States as well?

Rest of the world rights are unchanged as they get every game anyway

2 Likes

Optus have the rights here and my phone plan is with Optus, I get the fetch mini box and access to all games for $5 per month on top of my monthly phone plan.

2 Likes

Five fucking dollars a month

3 Likes

Yeah but you’d have to be up at 11pm one night. 3am one morning. 5am the next.

Ooof. I’ll volunteer to Zoom call one of our UK members and just point my laptop at the TV so we can watch together. I won’t even talk during the match. $15 is highway robbery on a per match basis. Even BR Live only charged $5 I think for a single EL match. I realize that they probably based on the cost of a movie ticket but that’s absolutely ridiculous.

2 Likes

Boris, chance, goal!! :fire::fire::fire:

1 Like