PL UK Television rights tender 2019/22

The UK is crying out for some sort of viable streaming option, particularly since the pandemic imo, and instead of any sort of decent offering we’ve got the same old deal plus one off matches for fifteen quid. What total shit lol

5 Likes

This is what concerns me the most. They said ‘‘for games not already on Sky/BT’’…but no doubt in the near future this PPV thing will start influence what these games ‘already on Sky’ actually are.

We’ll start seeing some big games usually on Sky moved to PPV.

3 Likes
1 Like

Sunday 25 October, 7.15pm, Arsenal v Leicester Sky Sports PPV :santi:

2 Likes

I saw thar.

Broke my heart

Disgusting

3 Likes

It’s the day of the Sabbath. We should be getting our brains in gear for the depressing working week ahead at that time of night

Nah that Monday is a bank holiday here.

1 Like

They’ll probably bullshit and say it’s so all fans have to use it so it isn’t more expensive to be a Burnley fan than a Liverpool one but I think they’re clearly just taking the piss.

I don’t even see an about-turn or.a reverse on this one.

With fewer fans buying it, the PL will be encouraged that more fans will eventually buy it. (PPV games, that is)

It’s, unfortunately, the future and it’s here to stay until fans pack stadia again

2 Likes

That’s the price of a season ticket at West Brom, or at least it should be.

1 Like

Thankfully, like any normal person with a brain and a stable internet connection, I’ll be paying exactly £0 pm and still watching the game in HD quality thanks to the wonders of the internet.

Fucking outrageous shafting of fans.

The PL and Sky and BT can all get fucked.

The stupid thing is I’d probably be happy to pay about £15pm to be able to watch all Arsenal games.

5 Likes

Imagine being a United fan paying £15 to watch your team get raped 6-1 or a Liverpool fan pay £15 to see themselves get their back door smashed in 7-2 by Villa.

Not just the players getting fucked at that point.

I don’t mind the PPV model, but £15 just seems like a really stupid price point.

For that price I would expect it to cover the month entirely.

2 Likes

So until a day or two ago, this would have been listed as a match that was going untelevised?

What a load of shite, as if they wouldn’t have planned to televise that match. And if they hadn’t planned to, it was obviouslyspecifically so they could then announce it as a PPV fixture, with this plan obviously being in the pipeline for some time.

Bastards

2 Likes

If you can get a few mates round and pay for it between you it’s ok but for one supporter it’s too much.
They should do a package of around four games for £20.
I’d go for that.

Even that’s too expensive if you ask me.

In Canada for $15 pm you get every game and in India for $15 a year you get every game.

As if we have to pay hundreds of pounds per year to watch an English game, played on English pitches in English stadiums. Bloody ridiculous.

1 Like

Oh the Government will love that. Several households mixing.

2 Likes

And so it begins.

When I said with a few mates, I meant they will have to stand outside and watch the game through the window and at half time I’ll bring them out an orange and a cup of tea.

6 Likes