PL title race 22/23

Yup, the defence is not “leaky” in general play. Clubs simply found a flaw in our set piece setup which was duly fixed.

Has it been fixed? We literally conceded from a set piece in our last game. And another poor one against Bournemouth 3 games ago.

I’d say it’s the only area we are obviously vulnerable in atm.

Obviously in the grand scheme of things, we’re not being bullied on set pieces but it’s one aspect where we definitely could improve, and other teams will focus very heavily on trying to win shitty freekicks against us, or cheap corners.

3 Likes

Tifo “Arsenals defence is leaky post World Cup here’s data for 13min backing that up. Also it still hasn’t been fixed completely as shown by the most recent palace game”

Trion “Just as I thought the defence is not leaky”

:rofl:

He explains in that video that our general defensive play has not been different pre and post World Cup. It’s only the setpieces where we have suffered.

Trion - “You are an idiot.”

He also explained that in the Fulham game, we tweaked our setpiece approach and benefitted.

Trion - “You are a moron.”

Trion - “you are an imbecile”

@Gunnerpr

For good measure,
Trion - “You are an absolute dimwitted buffoon who can’t watch videos properly”

I know you’re trolling but just to some up the facts.

We are conceding more goals post World Cup.
We are conceding more chances post World Cup.
It’s been driven by set pieces.
We’ve still conceded from set pieces in 2 of our last 3 PL games (Palace, Bournemouth)

one more fact - our defence is not leaky

Sorry one edit in your post to finally draw a line under it all.

Only behind City & Newcastle in terms of goals conceded.
Only a moron would claim that our defence is leaky.

In the context of how our defence compares against other PL teams no it is not, in fact it’s the opposite our defence is very good.

But that obviously wasn’t the original point being made nor why Tifo felt the need to make a video about it.

Title of the video - “Is Arsenal’s defending a problem?”
Statement - “Our defence is being leaky”

Verdict - “Pfft nope.”

@Gunnerpr Don’t DM me. The conversation becomes very human and then I feel bad.
Added ‘being’ in my post and I apologise for the name-calling.

2 Likes

You can absolutely say our defence has been leaky, at least recently. Arteta himself said so in his pressers.

SHUT THE FUCK UP GC. GO PLAY WITH YOUR RONALDO FIGURINES.

1 Like

Still a long way to go but which match week will arsenal win the league ? (Ofc if we win it)

Will It be at home or away ? Before end of the season or last game of the season ?

Saturday. Liverpool will beat city and we will beat Leeds.

2 Likes

Would be absolutely unreal if that happened, would take a fair bit of pressure off our Anfield trip Sunday week.