PL title race 22/23

City’s wriggle room is really starting too dwindle. They have a more must win games than us and it starts Saturday.
This is new territory having to win too keep up for them.

1 Like

Well, first time in a while. Liverpool beat them by miles to the 2020 title.

2 Likes

Yeah they couldn’t do it then and a slip Saturday will change focus for the season for them.

1 Like

I suppose it was a completely different team back then, but given that they closed up on an 8 point advantage on ManUre with 5 games left, I’m not too confident.

I don’t think the Dippers do anything on Saturday, given that their record there is atrocious.

I think it’s fair to say the pressure is on them if we keep winning. They can’t afford another defeat if we keep our form at this kind of level, I would say.

2 Likes

Draw last season. Last few seasons this is the best fixture in the PL at both grounds.
Similar to the season after they won the title Liverpool had a good end of season run for top 4.
They’ll get something here. I think they’ll win.

Loving the positivity! Defo agree this is a big fixture. Equally, we have to come out and get a good win after the international break. Leeds won’t be an easy match. Liverpool is a weird one as you don’t know what side is going to turn up. I suspect they will naturally raise their game against City and against us. Those two games could define the PL Title race this season.

1 Like

Big Andy needs to beat that cunt Rodri for the second time in a week. :pray:

6 Likes

Yeah United butchered that, think it was 8 points with 6 to play when we beat City at Easter…

City won the last 6

United lost 1-0 at Wigan, drew 4-4 at home to Everton and lost 1-0 at the Etihad in the last 6 for City to sneak it on GD.

1 Like

The absolute best part about all of this was that City won it with a superior GD of 8 and that can all be attributed to the 6-1 thrashing they gave United at OT earlier in the season. Essentially a 10 goal gap created through that one fixture.

5 Likes

I meant mathematically

The consistency from Arsenal

7 Likes

I live for Chelsea’s trajectory

2 Likes

We have been top since GW3 lol (apart from the 2 days in February)

We cannot let this go

4 Likes

When I see this thread, I still can’t believe that we are not only in the title race, we’re leading it. :grinning:

5 Likes

9 games left now. Praying for some Southampton shithousing next weekend and that the same shitbox Liverpool team that played today turns up against us.

8 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CqdVlDnt-ot/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

3 points needed at Anfield to go ahead of the invincibles at the same point of the season. Extra motivation.

4 Likes

If we go to Anfield and win, I’ll truly believe that we will bring it home. Think we need 2 points minimum against Pool and City. That will still be a scrape. More than two points and I’m super confident.

2 Likes