PL title race 22/23

But they were only 1 behind rather than the 5 they are now.

Wouldn’t surprise me if we lose 1 more game than city and miss out by a point though.

Liverpool with only 2 dropped points after 27 games are insane.
It is weird that they only got 20 points from the remaining 33 points. Perhaps the pandemic got to them.

How many of these sides had another team as good as City within five points of them though?

For example Chelsea in 04/05 was 11 points clear of us after 27 games, in 05/06 they were 12 points clear of United after 27 matches, in 16/17 they were 10 points clear of Spurs.

Yeah they slowed down after they won the league. We even beat them 2-1 during Project Restart.

2 Likes

Whiskey breath twat

2 Likes

Why are they asking him in the first place?

People ask such ridiculous questions :joy:

4 Likes

Haha I’m really happy to see him look healthy and happy after his health scare a few years back.

He’s a giant of the game and nice to see he still hates both us and City enough to not answer lol

8 Likes

Would’ve been pretty funny if he was wearing Neville’s glasses and thought United were still the favourites to win it :grin:

1 Like

Think the fact we they were 20odd points clear also played a part, the league was effectively won by this point for them.

26-1-0 after 27 is fucking ludicrous.

Hahaha
I’m sure United fans are wanking to this.

We have quietly gone back to being the most in form team in the league, 5 wins from 5 after our little stumble. Granted it has been a relatively easy period with games vs Fulham, Bournemouth, Everton, Leicester and Villa but we definitely responded to that wobble. Beat Palace and Leeds and thats 7 from 7 and leaves us with 9 games remaining and at least a 5 point lead. Let’s fogging go!!!

6 Likes

funny that it is thought of as easy…bournemouth for example bottom of the league but nearly drew with us and beat liverpool. Everton previously beat us etc, i reckon there will be more weird banana skin games to come maybe even Mancity could struggle against teams you’d think they would smash.

Well their Leicester and Brighton games just got tougher since they now sandwich they Bayern tie.

Liverpool next - potential favour
Southampton away - somehow as shit as they are I feel they could nick a draw.
Then the two I mentioned above.

City’s easy run doesn’t look so easy with 2 legs against the Germans in the middle.

We need to beat palace and put the pressure on them massively to get a result against the scousers.

1 Like

Everton away isn’t as easy as it was either.

he is old, but not dumb (like Neville)

1 Like

The international break may have come at a good time for us tbh.

We only have a handful of players going but importantly, it may disrupt City’s rhythm a little bit.

They’ve won 6 games in a row with Haaland bagging 8 goals in his last 2 (ffs). Their key players all going off to various parts of the world will hopefully have a greater impact on them than it will us.

It also suits us that they have FA Cup and CL distractions. We are going to need them to have their focus elsewhere. The CL games v Bayern in particular will be huge for them. They hopefully rotate players either side of those 2 games which increases the potential for dropped points.

If it was a straight shootout with each team only playing for the PL, I would make them favourites. That 5 point lead could disappear very quickly. As it is, it’s fairly even still. They’re coming into form at such a brilliant time. The oil cunts bastard bloody

2 Likes

I think a lot depends on how we do today and then how we and City do against Liverpool. We need to get 3 points today to keep the pressure up and hope Liverpool can take some points off City.

2 Likes

Hopefully we’re smart enough to take a draw against City this time if we’re in a position to do so. Last time we were too gung ho at 1-1 and gifted them goals on top of that.

City at this rate have to beat us.

1 Like

We could have strategised for a draw against Tottenham last season but I don’t know how one can strategise for a draw against City.

I don’t mean play for a draw from the off, I mean if it’s level at like 60-65 mins you’ve gotta start being more careful.

Last time we tried to keep playing our normal game under their intense second half pressing and paid the price.

1 Like