Phones Thread

You do but my MacBook is the best laptop I’ve ever owned.

I’ve had some absolutely beastly Dell and Lenovo laptops as well as HP etc. and none of them even come close to how good my MacBook has been for me.

It’s 4 years old and shows no sign of slowing down either, but then of course I don’t do anything intensive on it like gaming etc which I did on my old laptops.

I really hate windows though, just not very good at all if you ask me, although I am planning on building my own stationary PC for gaming eventually.

2 Likes

Yeah i used to hate macs and the wankers that owned them but I’ve had the same one for 7 years, used it almost every day (not gaming though) and recently the trackpad stopped clicking and that’s all that’s ever really gone wrong with it. And since clicking is not needed and you can tap to click it’s fine.

I obviously haven’t had a windows machine for 7 years either so can’t comment how good they are these days but they always seemed to end up degrading, getting blue screens, driver issues etc fairly regularly back then. I’ve got a brand new Ubuntu one for work and it’s got loads of problems.

The only problem is they’re ridiculously expensive for what you get nowadays. I keep waiting for this one to die so I can get a newer one but I really can’t justify it.

1 Like

I always use Apple products too. I love them. Don’t care if non Apple users think I’m a follower or whatever other nonsense they come out with :sunglasses:

Besides, in my industry, they’ve always used Mac computers. They’re much better than Windows for us creatives. And because of that I bought myself a MacBook to make it easier to work from home. And I haven’t looked back since.

4 Likes

This thread is getting more triggering than the Corona virus one.

The lies people tell themselves to justify spending 3x more than they need to on a piece of kit. Bet youse all cried when Jobs died.

13 Likes

To be fair though…it’s not just iPhone users. Most people who buy the newest Samsung or Huawei flagship (although that got less because no Google services) don’t really need a €1000 phone either for their daily uses.

1 Like

I barely even have an opinion on the subject but this got you the like. Exactly the kind of energy I hoped for.

4 Likes

I do agree but Windows and Samsung look to be catching up in that respect, particularly in the connectivity between devices. I really like the look at the S7 + tab actually, looks better than the iPad Pro to me!

1 Like

For creatives, there is really no alternative to MacBooks and iPad to be fair.
They are stuck.

Hahahaha

I love it.

What a clown that guy was as well. I think his cancer was very curable, but he chose not to go for treatment or something, opted for homeopathy and other weird shit.

Then it spread and he was terminal. And this is the guy whose shit half the world swallows. No wonder anti-vax and conspiracy theories are all the rage and no coincidence it’s the US, where apple drones are at their most prominent, which is the craziest.

2 Likes

not to mention that Samsung produces several of their key components, like their high performance circuit chips and screens etc (intel made their processors until recently)

It works because both companies know Apple is just branding, design and fluff, they’d buy worse components from someone else anyway and their consumers don’t care so Samsung just make profit off of selling them their 2nd tier components and everybody involved is fine with it :wright:

1 Like

Warp charge is seriously incredible. 10 mins gets a 30+% boost!

3 Likes

How’s the rest of the phone? My contract is up in March and I wanna try a one plus.

I think I’m getting a pixel next spring.

Would have had the S9 for three years by then.

One plus are quality devices.
Shame it’s a China product so I won’t be upgrading to One Plus after I am done with this one.

2 Likes

Definitely a high recommendation from me. The display is incredible. The camera is unbelievable (if you give a shit about such things) and it’s the fastest device I have ever owned. 5g ready too which may or may not be relevant. I’ve been using the older phone for the odd hit of browsing when I have this one charging sometimes and the lag is just so obvious compared to this one.

1 Like

I think I’m going to focus on a big screen and a camera for my next phone.

A great camera is vital, I’ve heard good things about the One Plus Cameras and the Pixels so I’ll see what they’re offering in march

Also usability wise One Plus’ oxygen OS is excellent

But that’s not a bad thing?

I never quite understand this criticism of Apple (of which there definitely are a few, like any company).

The fact that they control (or at least have designed) the end to end experience; means that I can work on my Mac, listening to an audiobook with my AirPods Pro, then my phone rings, I answer it, and it automatically (and surprisingly, instantly) transfers my AirPods to the iPhone so that the call comes through my headphones. I then end that call, go for a walk, and my Apple Watch picks up from the audiobooks placement and I can continue on with my day.

Calling it now: once ARM is released with Apple own silicon, it will be such a game changer.

2 Likes

One plus are some of the best phones on the market. If you like high tier tech but don’t want to pay stupid money then they make the most sense. Though I will admit the price is starting to get up there for them.

1 Like

This is basically why I went with the Nord. It’s not stupid expensive and the spec really isn’t that far off their flagship phone.

1 Like