Phones Thread

Wow. Is this the future?

2 Likes

Fuck me, ive never heard of any of that, please keep typing im almost finished daddy.

Ha - I just think its an odd criticism to mock Apple for the ecosystem of convenience they’ve created for their users.

You nerds stick to your androids with your comic sans font.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I NEED A TOWELLLLLLL

6 Likes

Roboto font looks ace, what an odd area to pick to criticise Android.

I really don’t give a fuck, I’ll always be an android guy because of the price basically.

I get absolutely everything I want from this machine and I get to choose freely which other add ons I make if I choose to enhance my ecosystem, which can provide the exact same experience you have described above. I am heavily reminded of the Emporers New Clothes reading your post above…but if you’re happy good for you.

1 Like

I have a One plus Bluetooth headphones which basically does the same but I need to click a button twice to toggle between my laptop and my phone.

It didn’t cost me a fortune though, just 23$.

1 Like

Fucking hell. And you’ve lived to tell the tale?!

2 Likes

I don’t know why it is 50 pounds for you guys but long live preferential pricing

https://www.oneplus.com/uk/product/oneplus-bullets-wireless-z

Fuck China
as i feel dirty recommending a Chinese brand.

I have a Pixel 2 and it’s served me well over the years.

£600 for the new Pixel 5 spells upgrade time for me. I know it’s not top tier flagship but it’s an upgrade on what I have right now.

2 Likes

Thinking about getting a refurbished Samsung Galaxy A71. Looks like by far the most bang I can get for my buck, and would be a big step up from my Sony Xperia XA2, which n fairness is still working just fine after I got it two years ago after it was refurbished.

It’s reviewed very well from what I’ve read and seen on YouTube, with some of those reviews saying it’s about as good as it gets in the current selection of mid range phones out there, but would be interested in hearing from any owners/experts on here with an opinion.

1 Like

My mum got that in July. I helped set it up for her as you do :joy: looked a great a phone tbf. Didn’t see any differences between that and the dearer galaxy ranges

2 Likes

The A range is very good, the A50/A70 had good reviews when I was looking for a new phone. As Calum said not much difference in the quality with the higher end Galaxys but at a much cheaper price

1 Like

How much are you looking to spend on your phone?

Yeah, some of the reviews are saying it offers a fair bit of what the premium end Galaxies do, but doesn’t have a glass back for example, and isn’t water resistant. I wouldn’t mind having a water resistant phone, but I’ve managed about twenty years of my life with phones that aren’t water resistant, so I think I’ll be OK.

Not sure I really get why people place importance on phones having the premium finish of glass backs and stuff like that, not when 90% of people are going to cover it up in a case anyway because they don’t want to risk breaking their £600-£1000 device lol. So I’m totally fine with it having a plastic back, cos I’ll be covering it anyway most likely.

I’ve seen it mentioned that it doesn’t have wireless charging, but honestly I don’t understand what advantage that would bring me anyway, just seems like a total gimmick.

So yeah, I’m not really seeing any proper downsides to it from what I’ve seen so far.

1 Like

It’s much better than my 2018 s9 at least haha

1 Like

That’s kind of a complicated question, as silly as that sounds.

I don’t want to shell out up front necessarily, and am using a company that let’s you pay monthly. I do that and get a sim only contract, and it works out cheaper than if I went to one of the main providers and tried to get the same phone (or one with equivalent specs) new on a monthly deal. Particularly if I were to get a contract that matched the 30gb that 3 currently give me on my tenner a month sim only deal.

So I’m limited by what that company have in stock in terms of refurbished phones, and that’s what led me to (almost) deciding on this specific phone.

1 Like

I’m waiting on my Pixel 5 which should be coming on the 15th, they’ve finally added a wide angle lens so I’m excited to see what their post image processing can do. I’ll have to wait to see if Google still the king of still photography once the iPhone 12 is released.

Not a popular opinion but big screen, top of the class camera and all day battery it’s got the iPhone max.

Oh yeah, I’m never going back to the iPhone, but please let me know how the pixel is, because thats the one I’m quite interested in as they’ve sorted out the horrible notch pixels used to have.

I’ve had Samsung for 2 phones now and they’ve been really good but I like my change, unless the next phone they release is absolute fire ofcourse. I do like the look of the s20FE but it’ll be old by March April time.

1 Like

Oh ok I know what you mean, the A series is actually very good. I wonder if that place will sell the FAN FE edition phones.

I love Sammy but I hate One UI, and the phones always start to get lag plus you get all these unnecessary duplicate apps like a browser, gallery, clock, Samsung App Store etc…