Phones Thread

Just upgraded from a mate20 pro to a oppo X2 pro
It’s charges from 0 to full in 35mins :astonished:. The acreen is a thing of beauty so bright an vibrant.

Just ordered the new Apple Watch.

Apple are making some serious strides the past 12 months. Almost every product and iteration they’ve launched has been bang on.

Fitness+ single handedly just nuked Peloton. If Apple release a spin-bike for home, I don’t know what Peloton will do.

Also, what’s with this thread title? Did we include the text in brackets in case people were struggling to understand what the words “Phones” and “thread” meant when combined?

10 Likes

I’ve decided I’m going to get a massive phone next upgrade, see what everyone has to offer, the Xbox cloud thing on game pass that released yesterday is actually amazing, I played multiplayer halo on my phone with no lag.

Having a poo and killing fools on halo at the same time? The future is here man

2 Likes

I saw an advert for the latest Galaxy (I think) and it shows a phone mounted on an xbox controller playing a game. Can’t imagine I’d ever use this personally but it looked pretty incredible nevertheless

1 Like

Ha people that use Android, who openly dismiss iPhone, are ludicrous.

I used Android from 2017-2019 on Samsung and Pixel, and categorically, iPhones, and the ecosystem of convenience and fluency that Apple has created, wins by a country mile.

1 Like

haha i don’t think I’d get a phone mount, my case has a lil clip that makes it stand up by itself so I just sat it in the side .
Also well done youve started a phone war, now you’re going to have to deal with people telling you that their overpriced phone works well with their horrendously overpriced desktop/mac.

2 Likes

Android and iPhone are both great in their own right. I have always used Android but have an iPhone through work. It’s a great interface even though I don’t intuitively always get it because I’m so used to Android.

You do have to be so invested in all the connected Apple services though, like cloud storage and the like.

I remember from a while back that it wasn’t easy to just connect your phone to a computer and transfer pics / videos off. Is that still the case? That’s the main reason why I never went for Apple. Also, I’m so invested in using SwiftKey to type - is that available on Apple phones?

1 Like

:fishing_pole_and_fish:

6 Likes

Yeah Apple uses airdrop. No plug in needed.

I have to say I was very anti iPhone for a long time but then my Sony Xperia Z5 broke and the smallest cheapest phone on the market at the time was the iPhone SE and it was a fantastic phone.

It totally sucked me in and now I love my iPhone 11 Pro.

Don’t think I’d ever go back to Android, the interface and user experience just seems so shit now.

My iPhone 11 Pro syncs up perfectly with my MacBook and iCloud as well as my iPhone 8 work phone.

Everything is just so seamless and easy to use.

I have an Apple Watch series 2 that I never use anymore but even that was great as well. I don’t think I’ll ever really get into Apples wearables though.

But I can definitely see myself sticking with iCloud, iPhone and MacBooks for the future. My life is just so much more convenient.

I was able to clone my entire iPhone SE into my 11 Pro with apps and photos and all, thanks to just using my iCloud email to log in when I set up my 11 Pro.

Incredible.

We can change your name to iCristo if you like. :grin:

4 Likes

I’ve got both, a galaxy as my personal phone, and my work phone is an I phone… In my humble opinion, the galaxy is so much better… But hey, its only an opinion!

Haha I’ve become what I always hated, an iPhone yuppie fanboy :joy:

1 Like

You forgot #ad at the end of your post mate

Apple want you to live in their own little bubble and that’s why I will never own an iPhone

4 Likes

I do see this as the main reason for iPhone users like its 2004, as soon as you buy any computer it asks if you want to link your phone up to it immediately. I have a cheap android phone, soon as I walk into my house it connects to my tv/laptop/alexas if I got to the gym or run it connects instantly to my Bluetooth headphones and watch…all tech connects seamlessly now.

I had an IPhone for a while, but i hate the lack of customisation and diversity, you gotta stick with what they give you.

I always recommend iPhones to older people in my family though, they are simple and perfect for tech novices.

2 Likes

I wish Android OS picks up in laptop segment.
That would be a game changer for Android users.

Right now using Windows and Android feels very disconnected.

Quite done with Windows to be honest. Need an alternative, might buy a MacBook in couple of years or I hope the new firm will send me a MacBook.

1 Like

This is the reason why I don’t like it tbh - you need to have a Macbook and all that other stuff to make the most of Apple’s offering. You kind of get sucked into buying all Apple stuff from that point onwards.

Haha exactly the same here. Noob generation = noob phones. Perfect marriage.

2 Likes