Phones Thread

Great to see another old school member return @SpankyJoyJoy :smiley: I did wonder when you’d post again considering you signed up last year and seen you browsing a few times. Funny how the most random threads not related to Arsenal can bring a member back.

As for phones @DavidHillier

This is the late 1980s, right? :wenger2:

1 Like

Fed up with my Pixel. It’s the original and apparently has a known motherboard issue. Damn thing is always freezing and closing apps. I had considered upgrading to the 3, but the other issue is the camera software. The hardware is great, but there are issues with the focus and other random glitches with the video recording.

I’m considering going a bit cheaper and trying a Xiaomi Mi 9 SE or 8. Anyone have any experience with these? Those seem to be the best ones in the range, as I’m not interested in the sliding feature of the Mi mix.

Any alternative suggestions are welcome. I’m on a budget as I don’t want a contract phone and happy to buy secondhand. Trying to keep it to £300 or there abouts. Of course the cheaper with good quality the better. Decent battery, good camera, good speed for multi-tasking and some games. Cheers.

have a look at the sony xperiea 10, oppo reno 7 or if you can stretch or budget look at the Huawei p20 or the pro version

Thanks. The Oppo I need to look into more (need to learn more about the CPU - not one I’m familar with), but the other two are a no go. Both have software issues. I considered the P20 Pro, but after reading loads of reviews, there are software concerns and bluetooth isn’t so smooth. The camera is fab though.

I quite fancy the new pixel, I’m a little put off by the camera issues you’ve mentioned @k1tsun3, taking pics with my daughter is one of the only extra things I really want from a phone besides the ability to communicate and use the Internet. I was going to go with Huawei myself but Donald Trump ruined that for me.

My son is 2 and I’m tired of my og Pixel camera. The glitches when filming is awful. He is just too entertaining to miss those chances. He’s quick and the autofocus issues have seen me miss photo ops or get a blurred photo. Other than the motherboard issue on this model that gets pretty bad when there is very little space on it, I like the Pixel. I had intended on getting the 3 initially, but not with the camera issues. And its software issues, not hardware. So they could fix it, but seeing that they haven’t yet, it worries me. I considered Huawei previously and was leaning that way until Trump. Although was considering a secondhand one for now, but whilst the camera is awesome, I read about bluetooth glitchiness, and I use it all the time. So I’ve come to the Xiaomi, and I’m seriously considering it (the audio/micophone is lacking, but everything else looks amazing). I don’t want to go back to Apple and I don’t like the Android skin and bloatware on the Samsungs.

Actually the still to be released Mate 30-series is going to run on Android. The actual ban for Huawei/Google working together has been postponed mulitple times. I think people are making way to much of this thing.

Btw. I reckon it couldn’t be a wrong thing if Android (and Apple) lose their monoply on mobile operating devices. But I reckon that is a whole other discussion.

Probably. But I still wouldn’t be dropping big money on a Huawei until it’s properly resolved. And I’m a big Huawei fan. Last three phones have all been Huawei.

Anyone got a Samsung A phone like the A70? I’m looking at my next phone and I’m quite attracted by them being a full third cheaper than the S10

If making photos is (very) important for you I would recommend to stay away from anything but the top models. If that doesn’t really matter the A phones are good buys as far as pricing goes for what you get.

Does anyone known own the iPhone 11? How are the experiences if you do?

iPhone 11 Pro. Very good. Especially battery life. I use it a lot during the day and charge once every three days. Camera top notch too, especially portraits.

Been using iPhone for about 13 years though, so I haven’t much to compare it with.

2 Likes

The Pro is to expensive for me. Every Pro phone is for that matter.

I like the specs of the 11, the thing holding me back is the LCD screen…

Got the S9 in April 2018. The £45 a month contract is finally ended. Now on a £21 sim only deal with more data included :joy:

Love original contract end day!

Let’s get some appreciation going for old school phones we had as kids, leaving aside the obvious ones like the 3310

Nokia 8210, absolute badboy in my pre teen days

Weirdest phone I’ve probably had looking through the entire back catalogue. I present to you, the semi touch screen LG KS360

medium01

Literally the only thing you could use the touchscreen for was dialling a phone number, that’s it. Astonishing.

2 Likes

Can’t remember them all but these are the two I remember the most.

my first in 2004

415Z950S74L.SY450

This one was my third in 2007

1 Like

Literally wtf is a Sendo?

In my follow up post I was going to picture that exact Sony Ericsson phone. I had the white one and the black one at different points. That was such a sick phone back in the day. As was the non slide version that came before it

The two best phones I had in the pre smart phone days.

2 Likes

:joy::joy::joy: No idea. Thats what I got tho

1 Like

Sony Ericcson had some absolute belters. I owned all of these at various points and they all had their own charms.

dac37021589097.560448246697d sonyericsson-legendary-cell-phones-05

2 Likes

I had that cybershot. Stylish looking phone even today.

2 Likes