Phones Thread

Strangely enough, when I put my phone in the fridge (don’t try this at home) for a short while (5 mins) it increases its functionality again temporarily.

Wrong thread. Proves how fkd my phone is lol

Did you read to try that somewhere or just your own discovery?

Own discovery.

My S8 is starting to die. When at 40% battery, the battery life just nose dives to 0% in about 5 mins.

Been using Samsungs for about 6 years now but feeling a change…

1 Like

I folded a while back and spent over 500 quid on the Op6 with 8 gig RAM- which wasn’t really necessary. But honestly it’s one of the best pieces of kit I’ve ever owned and if you use your phone a lot it’s worth the be investment. Nearly a year on its as fast and strong as when I bought it.

1 Like

not bad Franklin, cooling down the metal does indeed increase the conductivity as the atoms that need to make space for the moving charges (electrons) to find new places to hang out are statistically less obstructing the more they slow down (cool down). I doubt it makes a difference as they should be perfectly fine at room temperature anyway :smiley: but I don’t want to take anything away from your independent discovery here.

Jokes aside though it really shouldn’t matter whatsoever under normal circumstances unless that button only keeps spazzing out every time you left your phone in direct sunlight for a long time or the phone was in a really hot place (you are not invited to make any joke whatsoever here), as that can very well fuck up touchpad/buttons (they are capacitive and work off the electric charge in your fingers which can get fucked up if the surface becomes too warm). That is a real thing.

2 Likes

I got an iPhone XS but I want an XS Max… so I’m contemplating selling this to get a bigger phone. I actually hate using small phones.

My iPhone battery sucks as well, it says battery capacity 87%, feels more like 27%. Gotta charge twice a day!

2 Likes

Gonna struggle replying today guys. But thanks for all your help on this

Just got the AC on at work and there is definitely an improvement

They’ve just started selling them through 3 here. 24 months contract @40 a month. Very tempted.

1 Like

Can you buy it outright? How much is it?

About 500. So works out about the same when you take the 20 a month i’m spending topping up anyway into account.

So for me it’s a straight race Shammy.

S9 for around 500
Op6 (or whatever castiel said) fr the same
Or pixel 3a which is a wee bit cheaper
V
I hate decisions :pensive:

Update guys and gals.

Just took a hoover to the port to try and suck out any erroneous bits of dust.

So far, so good

Spoke too soon. Bastard phone

2 Likes

Mine does this too. Got the same model and the battery life after about 20 months is piss poor. Have to charge twice a day to make it through.

1 Like

After 15 months or more, my pixel 2 will last me 2 days if I don’t use it heavily and a day if I am on it all the time. I do have the battery saver on all the time though so that helps considerably.

They should rename that feature to “reduced functionality”.

1 Like