PES 2021

Do you mean r2? R1 is sprint for me… and I turned the target thing off just for a bit of realism…

Yeah… I swapped R2 and R1

1 Like

Ah okay, makes sense, but yeah just constantly dragging any low shots really wide, and long shots I’m finding impossible, just get saved constantly or go nowhere near. I’ve scored some lovely little flicks and stuff here and there but no screamers, and I have a formation that constantly has my no.10 in space, and the shots are either low and wide or high and wide or right at the keeper, just barely ever on target or good places. This is with a top top player as well :roll_eyes:

Don’t try to understand the game bro, this is the most nerve racking game i’ve ever played, it’s flawed on so many levels.

2 Likes

Oh for sure. Players constantly running into each other and giving up possession, running way out of position, ignoring a ball coming right to them just to see it get intercepted, you can’t select and move the player quick enough to counteract this either.

Player gets fully cleaned out by the last man and injured? Play on. Tap their man on the shoulder like you’re pranking your mate and it’s a penalty.

Then the advanced tactics, all I want is one to command players to run in behind, because even my centre forwards don’t, I’ve got counter-attacking on and not possession game so you’d think they’d wanna make quick runs in behind but they sit and wait for a pass instead, only if you start a 1-2 do they make the run, And so on and so on, but you all know all of this already obviously.

2 Likes

Everytime i think about playing it, I check the Pes thread on Reddit and see people posting the infuriating shit they’ve encountered and just go do something else instead.

2 Likes

I really enjoyed PES 2020 don’t see the hate haha.

Only thing I won’t miss is every opposition player being peak Beckham and scoring unbelievable free kicks from any range :joy:

4 Likes

Don’t get me wrong I love it and can’t stop playing, but there are so many stupid faults that happen constantly, and yeah I have games where maybe I get 30 fucking shots in and it’s 1-0. Sure that happens now and then in real life but several times a season? Nahhhh

In my master leagues with Milan and Monaco my first seasons where terrible 8th and 6th place finishes respectively. It took me until season 2 for things to get going both times

I take it you haven’t played online much on it mate, when you dominate a PSG or Juve cunt, while playing with a C level team, and you get fucked by an imaginary freekick, believe me, the rage is real :joy:

1 Like

I don’t play online for anything. Not my thing.

It’s absolutely killed games. GTA being a prime example they won’t release another game because their 7 year old game is still bringing in money because of that bloody mode.

3 Likes

Love your tag bro. How do you change the tag? I want one.

Ask a friendly neighbourhood mod

1 Like

Fuck me yeah this, I hate them for this. Fucked me off that all the best stuff was only available online and only if you paid for it or grinded hard as hell, like you play the stock market to make trillions and have nothing to spend it on on single player GTA. Killed the longevity of it for me.

1 Like

This annoyed me for ages. Turns out its the Playing Style of each player on how they behave on the pitch.
If you want an Attacking Mid to make runs in the final third, change him to a ‘Hole Player’.(training menu in ML)

If you go into the Become A Legend mode (start new game), you can see all the positions and playing styles of which each one means.
I actually went in there and noted down the Playing Styles and where each Playing Style can play Position wise.
Trust me this is so important to Chemistry and how the players behave on the pitch.(e.g if your AMF is a ‘Classic 10’, he will just stroll around instead of busting a gut in the final 3rd)

When a player’s Playing Style correlates to the position you put them in, the ‘Playing Style’ lights up white on the formation screen.

My notes:

Wings= LWF/RWF
Flanks= RM/LM

2 Likes

@Mods @Bl1nk respect Hale end tagline please :raised_hands:

@Bl1nk thanks legend

3 Likes

@Midfield_Maestro thanks so much man you’re a genius. Fingers crossed this helps. I play a very aggressive 4231/4213 with 3 centre forwards, the wider guys are inverted wingers basically (alexis and James Rodriguez) so they have the pace and the shooting ability to be prolific scorers in my formation but yeah James especially just sits back in space when if he just ran into the box it’s a 1 on 1 9/10 times.

PS Daniel Maldini is a seriously underrated player on this game, love using him, definite wonder kid who’s surely only so good in the game because some developer got nostalgic about his dad

1 Like

Second season of my milan Career… look at this stunner in my youth team. Ball control already at 86 :eyes: 16 years old

4 Likes

this fucking game i swear.

Nearly every time i press triangle for a through ball, the game thinks the best choice is a lofted one, which just dies when it hits the ground and doesnt go any further, holding the play up, or is now easily intercepted by a slower defender, who wouldn’t have caught my attacker if the ball was played on the floor. This happens 8/10 times, it kills any counter attack ever.

Manual passing mate. It’s eaiser than shooting

1 Like