Per Mertesacker

Very fair. thanks for educating me. Guardiolas #2 is huge tbh.

I also feel like, of the types of players that tend to convert best to managers, itā€™s usually the organising central midfielders, 6/8 types, as with Guardiola and Conte, or versatile types who played a number of different roles, like Luis Enrique (and Conte as well). Both descriptions fit Arteta, as not only was he versatile in terms of adapting to a number of different leagues and tactical styles, but also positions (played on the wing, played as a #10, played as an 8, and played as a 6).

All of this could mean nothing, because in the end whether youā€™re a top manager or not is basically just down to who you are as a person and playing experience really isnā€™t that important, but if I were a betting man and based on what I can deduce/have seen from Arteta as a person I would be betting on him.

1 Like

You know what when it comes to manager perception I truely just havent got a clue.

I automatically recognise the managers at top clubs, but there are probably far better managers in lesser leagues/teams, and equally i tend to rate managers of teams i like.

Good example is my adoration of Pulis at Crystal Palace. Couldnt stand him or credit him until he worked with them, and I only like them because of where Iā€™m from.

Wenger is however the only manager ive taken time to truely follow, so make of that what you will.

Well in 9 months time heā€™ll be a PL winning coach :nerd_face:

:ok_hand:

3 Likes

Full video, proper good bloke is Per.

2 Likes

Iā€™m pretty confidant per can come in and we will barely miss mustafi

Brilliant header from Big Per! His first goal in the PL in under 4 years :per:

1 Like

When Per is making faces at the front page of the CNN :per:

1 Like

Per is a legend but he really shouldnā€™t play for us again. Should be Holding or Chambers getting the minutes

Agreed, hate it when he steals their minutes, heā€™s ancient now, should just be a dressing room speaker

Yeah just hang up ze boots big man. Was a rock for us during his time here, his awareness and positioning was second to none. But now is the time to call it a day.

He is?

Like as of right now

Aah I see. Tbf not his fault Wenger picks him

4 Likes

4 - the number of minutes it takes him to turn around

5 Likes

Just like Wenger honestly should have gone out on a high winning the FA cup

This is just sad shit to see.

Such a liability now, yes heā€™s capable of getting away with it if properly protected but shouldnā€™t be near the team. Get him out there at Colney by all means but I do hope thatā€™s the last we see of him in the 1st team.

4 Likes

Really interesting read.

2 Likes