Pablo Marí

Yeah that’s the issue for me. Seen a lot of Lukaku, and in Serie A especially he was turning CBs inside out nearly every week! So Mari being second best to Lukaku isn’t the issue per se, we all obviously expected that. It’s just Mari’s whole demeanour, how easy it was, he just seems so meek. Not just today either, every time he plays.

3 Likes

Exactly he went missing and when the team needed him there was like zero effort. It’s as if he had decided that Lukaku going to get the better of him anyway so may as well not even bother!

Can’t get any softer than this guy, unreal.

1 Like

He’s the new heir apparent to Mustafi

He’d fall over if he trod on a bit of fluff

3 Likes

Got bodied by Lukaku today. He’s been on a roll of bad performances during preseason and he kept that up now that the PL is underway. Thank fuck Gabriel is back.

Because Mari has always been shit and Tierney had a poor game but can’t heave him in his own with lukaku, no one had the nouse to tell Saka Who had a terrible game to drop in to left back when we don’t have the ball!! 2 goals lost because we can’t adapt during a game!!. Cedric, William ,Mari . Thanks Arteta , Edu ,Kia. We definitely getting back to top 4 with these kind of signings

2 Likes

Got mugged off the entire game, never looked comfortable at any point

1 Like

I reckon he would get mugged off in a football match in pe at a primary school

2 Likes

It’s a good thing we had a left footer in there, right Mikel? He was awful today.

Falling over on the first goal was just comical.

3 Likes

According to Wiki this guy is taller than Lukaku but the aerial contests didn’t even look close. Lukaku ate him alive.

Absolute shit.

1 Like

Mustafi or Mari I’d take Mustafi

Mustafi is a good defender, he just makes (frequent) mistakes

But I’d rather that than someone who just is not a good defender in the first place

I would rather any of:
Saliba
Holding
Chambers
Xhaka
Youth team player

(In that order).
The scary thing is even when White and Gabriel are back he may still be the first reserve - suppose it’s close who Arteta picks between him and Holding. How did we get to this when we have so many CBs? :rofl:

2 Likes

How come you still have a job?

2 Likes

New Emoji?

3 Likes

Kolasinac is a better CB than you

5 Likes

Flashbacks of Squillaci and Djorou.

Pablo F’N Mari, dropped for Sead “I can’t defend” Kolasinac.

2 Likes

Neither one should be at the club. At least Kola isn’t afraid, he just isn’t very good.

2 Likes