Pablo Marí

They actually did it, the mad bastards

12 Likes

If I was the admin I would find out if it was some obscure ex players birthday and post a happy birthday tweet and just watch the replies coming in :henry2:

2 Likes

Forgot this guy existed lol

3 Likes

Flamengo can have him for free.

3 Likes

Such an awful deal

4 Likes

No problem, we’ll just have to pay 95% of his wages.

Edu got rolled on that deal. I think it looks worse considering we did the loan and probably always had the intention to make it permanent.

2 Likes

Prior to this transfer window, everything Edu did was questionable.
Cynic in me thinks Edu never thought he would last as long as he did and wanted to milk as much favour from agents while he could.

1 Like

Honestly think sometimes clubs do agent’s favours for hopefully better deals down the line. The games awash with money and murky as hell.

4 Likes

I agree with you about that. It was one of the reasons I thought the club went all-in with Kia. You sign Willian on a sweet deal but you also get access to up and coming talent and most importantly a way to move guys for (possibly fraudulent) big fees.

3 Likes

First dibs on Oscar when he leaves China

1 Like

Arsenal could have been lining up with most of Chelsea’s 2012 roster. Luiz, Willian, Ramires, Oscar. Just need a rando like Alex or Bosingwa to complete the set.

Another forgotten player who we will be periodically reminded “ohh yeah, he is still an Arsenal player, huh?”

1 Like

Wasn’t Mari a cheap transfer? He looks below average but maybe good enough for squad depth and cup games.

Not bothered by him as long as he doesn’t start in the league.

1 Like

Isn’t he on like £80k a week? £80k a week for a below par squad rotation defender is awful business.

1 Like

He’ll be here until 2024 along with Soares. The last remnants of that truly awful period of transfers. Nobody will match his wages unless we subsidise them just to get him to leave.

But these will be the only 2 proper shitters left.

After this summer Kolasinac, Elneny, Chambers, Nketiah and Lacazette are gone.

The squad will have great capacity once again for a fresh look. A solid chunk of the wage budget freed up.

2 Likes

Unless they screw the pooch (who tf is screwing pooches!?) again and sign some more crap players on high wages.

1 Like
1 Like

I consider that a verbal contract. Take him now.

6 Likes