Ozil or Emery?

Sir Alex Ferguson sold Beckham to Real Madrid as Beckham was becoming bigger than Manchester United . SAF ‘ no player is bigger that any club , when that happens they get sold’

3 Likes

One world class player, no world class player. Exact same outcome.

Basically unless we want Ozil to be the fucking manager this isn’t even a question as far as I’m concerned.

3 Likes

Bad example, United went from winning 6 titles in 8 years with Beckham to not winning it for another 4 years after he left.

1 Like

Both are world class

both what

football players

I didn’t mention any football players

Arteta

1 Like

#notamanager

3 Likes

Not after we palmed him off in spectacular fashion.

I think you’ve got to have an unparalleled level of pride to turn Arsenal down as your first job in management

As a scapegoat for years, I want to give Bould a chance :stuck_out_tongue:

Arteta carries Pep’s water bottles. Liked him as a player, absolutely not convinced he would make a good manager though…

Emery as the manager has to be allowed to put his own mark on the team. Been let down by Ozil too many times to give a fuck about him.

4 Likes

Both out. 350k was a mistake and so was Emery.

2 Likes

Emery was a mistake based on less than one season work whereas Ozil’s contribution has been inconsistent since 2013?

4 Likes

Yes. 6 months and no clear playing style. Pressing is average. Sometimes attempt to play out from the back with not much success. Relies on a wingback as the most creative option. Overall shot numbers are down considerably to previous seasons. Hasn’t even improved us defensively (numbers or by the eye).

Forget all that, team selection has been a borderline sackable offence on its own. How can both Ozil and Ramsey, players that have won 3 of the last 5 player of the season awards for the club, barely start a game for three months when you’ve played maybe two or three good games in that time.

As for Özil, the contract was a big fuck up as he was hitting 30 years of age, but I’m of the opinion his Arsenal career 2013-18 in a vacuum is underrated by lots. His playmaking numbers are as consistently elite as nearly anyone in the world in that time so I don’t buy the nonsense. I’m talking G+A per minute for #10’s, expected assists, chances created, progressing the ball from midfield to the final 3rd, passes into the box. He might be overpayed, past his prime now and isn’t versatile, but he performed to a very high level for a long time for this club.

10 Likes

i know it is the DM, but if there is even 1 drop of truth to this then Gazidis is a grade a cunt. How can you sanction a deal for a player on such high wages but then not want him for your new team that stinks apparently AC Milan want him but Gazdis doesn’t hhhhhmmmm

1 Like

Was just about to say this. Gazidis such a dirty bald bum.

Wants to keep Hakan Calhanoglou over Ozil :arteta: