Ozil or Emery?

People saying it’s easier to get rid of Ozil are surely only looking at this through the financial lense because of his wages.

Is it really easier to remove a manager who is only six months into a project because he doesnt coddle a player? Would we have an easy time moving forward after sacking a manager who hasn’t even been given the resources necessary yet to put his stamp on the team?

What manager would we get mid season, or indeed at the end of the season, who would want to come into a complete mess at a club that just gave the previous manager less than a season to work?

We have to think about this a little bit more.

1 Like

Look Ozil is a gifted player and I am sure a nice lad, but his work ethic is just not that good. Not at Madrid, not at Arsenal. Madrid went on without him to win Champions Leagues. And well, we, we just bumble along with or without him, but we can’t have players not doing what the boss asks from them to do on the pitch.

1 Like

Sigh

Big loves cause big upsets :wink:

2 Likes

The thing that feels quite fresh about this thread is that the manager being sacked is actually a possibility.

Under Wenger, this thread would never have happened.

Fast forward 12 months, both of these guys could be gone, who knows.

3 Likes

It really depends on the strategy in the summer, I’m not totally adverse to selling Ozil if it means the wages freed up from him and Ramsey (and hopefully others) allows us to go big in the transfer window, but I haven’t seen if that will be the case, what quality of players does Raul think we should sign with that nice network book of his?

If its the likes of James Rodriguez and co I can get behind it, if it means signing more Sokratis (and I like him) and Leno’s count me out, what we need is a serious injection of squad quality, not quantity, which is the worrying thing about Ozil leaving, despite any qualms, the quality of the squad will drop again, some of the performances from a quality standpoint are really concerning.

3 Likes

Arsenal will never become an alite club again under Emery. This bum can’t even manage his players, and that’s half a year in. I, under no circumstances, trust our club buying players for this bum.

2 Likes

Well be thankful that he won’t be around long, 2 year contract means he has to work his arse off and prove he can be the manager here. If not, we’re likely to hire someone else.

I can’t see that happening unless another top manager becomes available that isn’t going to demand a massive budget to work with.

There are very few top managers available and even fewer that are going to be attracted to a club with a reputation of not spending.

But I can see Ozil going, which is a big blow for the club and supporters.
He might have had a poor season by his standards but it’s getting frustrating watching a great striker like Aubameyang having to play in front of a midfield that wouldn’t look out of place at clubs like Everton and West Ham.

Let’s hope that Emery and Ozil and the club can work together to sort this out.

2 Likes

How the fuck do you know Emery cant manage his players? Are you part of his coaching staff? Absolute drivel of a post.

2 Likes

Just ignore it lmao, the majority of his posts now consist of calling Emery a “bum” and basically nothing else.

1 Like

PSG players publicly coming out bashing the guy. A list of players unable to perform at their maximum under him. And now, at Arsenal, fell out with Ozil, Ramsey and Laca glorified super-subs, etc.
I said it as a joke some time ago but Emery is the kind of guy that benches Messi.

Sorry dude, he could help his case if the team was at the very least playing well and showed potential (don’t even care about the results).
With his latest press conferences and all the reports coming out I’m convinced, he is a bum.

Emery is here at least 18 more months. Absolutely no point Ozil being here if he’s not to be a key player.

And if Emery goes in 18 months then what? The next manager is left with a soon to turn 32 Ozil in the last year of his contract. Hardly a long term solution.

I think the reality is both will stay, and I think Ozil will find some role here. But right now it just smells like a mess.

1 Like

A wise man would take anything that shower of over-pampered cunts have to say with a pinch of salt.

I have absolutely no faith in Emery being anymore than a 4th-6th type manager that might jag us a Europa League as his ceiling. For that reason I’m taking Ozil’s side.

If I believed we had a manager that has a plan that could take us to challenging for the Title and the latter stages of the CL I’d back them. But in Emery I simply don’t think we have that.

The only thing that makes this dealable for me is by the time Emery gets the arse Ozil will be 32, if Ozil was 26 currently I’d be demanding Emery gets the arse now.

1 Like

Sorry but those brats play football, and great football that is. Don’t agree with what most are earning and are getting away with but if we want to go somewhere we need to have someone who can handle modern locker rooms.

PSG is not representative of ‘modern’ locker-rooms.

Talking about PSG like their Barcelona in terms of European accomplishments, they should settle down.

1 Like

You say that as if theirs is a typical modern dressing room, it’s not, it’s a fucking joke. Neymar has a direct line to the owner and can go above the managers head to get permission to miss a match cos it is his sisters birthday. That team even play the formation they want and refuse to get on board with anything the manager suggests that isn’t exactly what they want.

Emery might be a bum, I’m not even arguing that right now. My point is that I don’t trust a word that bunch of cunts say. If the players of someone like Roma, Liverpool, Napoli or any normal club said shit like this about him I’d pay attention. Not PSG.

3 Likes

How can Unai not handle modern dressing room?

Stop posting or back it with #facts