Our Upcoming Fixtures

We have to start taking advantage of the more favourable fixtures on paper, failing to do so was the main reason we didn’t achieve the goal of CL football last campaign.

2 Likes

Agree 100% all you can do is take it game by game and enjoy the ride. Nothing wrong with keeping an eye on the fixture list but I’ve always hated this we need 15/15 nonsense. Total exercise in futility with how quickly things change

5 Likes

You have to really factor in the League your in as well.
Sick of hearing this low block or game raising stuff now.
It’s just a bloody tough League as proved by Villa and Forest yesterday.
Full houses creating atmosphere that lifts teams.
It’s a unique League we’re teams play to compete for results.
Also all them fixtures have different connotations as relegation gets closer too. Seen enough surprising results between both clubs at the moment to not take anything for granted.

5 Likes

I’m not taking anything for granted but

I fancy us picking up more points in games against Everton, Bournemouth, Leeds and Palace at home then I do travelling to Anfield, Etihad and St James’s park.

Time will tell though I suppose, In May we can look back at it.

1 Like

Each game as it comes now. Don’t look beyond the next five fixtures and then we’re into the final 10 matches. City still have some tricky games to play and they will need to juggle FA Cup and CL as well.

Let’s see who we get in the EL draw. We may be able to progress easily if we get a lucky draw.

Pleased we have a week to recover before Leicester next week.

4 Likes

April games

I did read that, a lot of it is subject to change pending clubs potential European involvement though,

Hopefully I’m not jinxing it now that I said it but I’m really pleased with the our last 2 clean sheets. Hoping we can pick up as many as possible till the international break. Need to re-establish that defensive prowess we had.

I think that could be the game changer that decides who wins the league between us and City.

5 Likes

ESR back. Jesus back soon for the run in

It’s looking good guys. Just what we need

12 Likes

Had forgotten we have to have another one of these :sob:

1 Like

Ffs we had a complete (rigged) World Cup to endure. Can we go without these interlulls for a couple of months?

1 Like

:bergkamp:

Next games before the international break:

Competition Date Opponent Home / Away
PL August 21 Palace Away
PL August 26 Fulham Home
PL September 3 Man Utd Home

We need at least 7, preferably 9, from that run.

1 Like

11/29 - Lens
12/2 - Wolves
12/5 - at Luton
12/9 - at Villa
12/12 - at PSV
12/17 - Brighton
12/23 - at Liverpool
12/28 - West Ham

Take care of business against Lens, Wolves, and Luton and the remaining fixtures could fall kindly for us.

-We play Villa with one more day of rest than them and they’ll be coming off a match against City.
-We can then play all reserves against PSV as we’ll have first place in the group sewn up.
-We’ll then get Brighton with more rest and they’ll be coming off a very tough match against Marseille that will determine the group winner and who has to go to the playoff round.
-We’ll then play Liverpool on extra rest as they have a cup match against West Ham three days prior.
-We’ll then get West Ham at the end of a brutal stretch for them as well.

Its a busy fixture list but I think many of our opponents may be running lower on gas even more than us.

8 Likes

Be nice if we could set our season up with winning them bar Anfield which I’d gladly take a point.

• obviously the PSV game doesn’t matter though if we beat Lens.
2 Likes

3 away league games in our next 4. Tough run coming up.

1 Like

Aston and Pool will be very difficult games. Hope we establish some lead before those games.

A draw at Anfield would be excellent. A loss would make Christmas a lot less enjoyable.

2 Likes

They’ll be spent after exerting their energy on City midweek (at least you’d hope so). We should have enough to turn them over but we need an exemplary away performance (none of these half hearted shenanigans like Brentford and Newcastle)