Our Upcoming Fixtures

Would be nice to finally get 3 points against these guys, Man City will be desperate for a draw.

We beat them last year? Or do you mean at Anfield?

1 Like

Yups, the game at Anfield as we were 2-0 up super early there too before Xhaka thought it would be fun to rile up the crowd :sweat_smile:

Will obviously take a point at Anfield but I really want us to big balls this game and play how we did against Man City. Dismantling the Scousers in their back garden would be the sweet, sweet elixir this team needs.

2 Likes

Plus Fulham away on 31st.
The festive schedule is challenging.

1 Like

Damn didn’t realise Liverpools schedule up to Christmas is that much easier than ours. 12th, 19th, 20th with United and us at home.

Meanwhile after Luton we have 2nd, 4th, 8th and 9th.

Gonna be a massive ask to be top at Christmas.

3 Likes

We’ve rotated much more this season, especially in the forward positions. I think we’re about as ready as anyone can be for this period. It will still be tough though and I’d be surprised if there weren’t dropped points.

Liverpool have an extra match compared to us too but agreed, we have a really testing run.

If we manage to survive this congested period, I think we’ve got a great chance.

1 Like

it is also the opportunity for us to extend the lead

https://twitter.com/afcDW/status/1732779680074272880?t=9v-cuFY9PiJrNCbK9S-WhQ&s=19

Just need to get through the busy period unscathed before the 1 game in 21 days.

12/23 and 1/7 against Liverpool

https://twitter.com/afcDW/status/1737833295713550615?t=2nodLEU6YJVxx-Z7XmW0cQ&s=19

Unpopular opinion (again)…

I would just play the bench/kids against Pool in the FA Cup.
Then play our best players in the two league games against them

Nah.

It’s the Arsenal cup and we’ve got a great chance of knocking one of the favourites out of the competition early.

Zero excuses not to go strong imo.

4 Likes

Long gaps between the cup game, no reason not to go strong

2 Likes

We don’t play for a week prior to the pool cup game nor do we play for 13 days after it, so no real excuse not to play as strong as team as possible.

2 Likes

I did not realize that…

1 Like

7/12 in PL is not bad considering the fixture list so far.
If we could beat West Ham & Fulham, points lost wouldn’t hurt much.

4 Likes

I still think the Villa loss is a bad one, really should have won that or a draw at a minimum.

As long as we take maximums from West Ham and Fulham though, I won’t complain with our position after 20.

2 Likes