Other Clubs' Transfers

Can’t achieve when you’re a selling club.

Have they? They’ve kept their key talent recently. Even when they sold Pulisic he wasn’t really a starter.
Currently they have two of the most prized assets in world football.

They low-key have been the most underwhelming side the past 5 years. People always hype them yet they eat shit both in Germany and Europe.

What’s recent in your mind? Hummels/Gundogan 2016, Dembele/Aubameyang 2017, Pulisic 2018, Diallo 2019, I’ll give you this season. But looks like a selling club to me. Haaland has a release clause that’s basically spells ‘I’m leaving the club at this specific year’.

1 Like

The rest of their team is shite. 2 19/20 years olds cant carry a whole team.

They finished second last season

they finished 2 points off top season before

if they have been the most Underwhelming what does that make Arsenal considering the amount of money we have spent?

1 Like

Didn’t rate Diallo that highly. Aubameyang and Dembele I consider the last key players they let go.
I think from then onwards they should have challenged Bayern more and do better in Europe too.

The rest of the team ain’t shite. Especially for Farmersliga.
Bayern have been basically walking in that league. Whenever they decide to shift up a gear they destroy teams like it’s nothing.
They’re playing Leipzig this weekend and Lewa is out yet I fully expect them to somehow beat them.

You need stability in the retainment of your key players to challenge a club of Bayern’s calibre. Besides most of their squad is full of players that have never proven to have that kind of level or consistency in them.

It’s no different from our youth project, you have a batch of talents. The elite ones drag the team above the usual level (Fabregas, RVP, Nasri etc) once they leave/sold the team declines.

2 Likes

Sure, but Bayern haven’t been taking the league seriously recently and have had their fair share of problems. There was a perfect opportunity two years ago to dethrone Bayern but instead they allowed them to recover and then they(Bayern) went on to win the Champions League.

Anyway, I expect both Sancho and Haaland to stay at least for another year. They really ought to make use of them while they can.

Even when Bayern haven’t been their best their overall level in terms of Points and GD is still quite high. Dortmund haven’t performed at that kind of level in the league since Jurgen Klopp + Lewandowski. (2011-12) Also around the time they reached CL finals (the season after).

Be joke if they could afford it, but I’d rather Haaland join Barcelona over say Chelsea.

2 Likes
3 Likes

I’ve been saying this.

Unless a Champions League club comes in for him, Arsenal just need to put up the money and Odegaard is ours. The more pertinent question is how much would Arsenal be willing to pay.

5 Likes

My guess RM don’t blink for anything less than £70m.

Wow. I’d have said £40m-£55m.

2 Likes

It depends on who else is interested. Odegaard is a premium talent in his position rn with huge scope to improve.

Zidane said they’re working on a new deal so I have no clue

talk for ‘give us more money because we wanna keep him soooooooooooooo badly’

1 Like

I don’t think he’s a premium talent by any stretch of the imagination. He’s started well, but his career is basically;

Being signed at a very young age by Real Madrid and paid handsomely
A good loan stint at Real Sociedad

I think Real are in dream land if they’d ever try to get more than about £40m for him. Especially not in this market.

I like the kid and think he can go far but I wouldn’t want us to overpay for him

4 Likes

He’s definitely on the list of the top 5 creative midfield talents under 23. That a premium talent imo

I’d be worried about competition to sign Odegaard more than anything else.

2 Likes

Unless the market for Ødegaard has grown, Madrid won’t be able to ask for €70m. They’re unlikely to generate much money from selling the other 4 players either, so the conditions are aligning for Arsenal.

If we win the Europa League he’s ours. Bookmark it.